• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Genius of the game - Martin Crowe

ashley bach

International Captain
To be fair was pretty good in 92 WC a perfect foil to Crowe in the middle order
For sure he played some good knocks, but overall he seriously disappointed and under performed as both a test and ODI batsman.
The biggest problem was that so much was expected of him after starting out so young and producing all these great domestic results.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greatbatchs '92 WC gets talked about nowhere near as much as it should.

Is the only reason Jayasuriya and Kalu get the "revolutionised white ball cricket" treatment because SL went on to win the tournament? Greatbatch batted the exact same way 4 years earlier

Flem274*

123/5
Greatbatchs '92 WC gets talked about nowhere near as much as it should.

Is the only reason Jayasuriya and Kalu get the "revolutionised white ball cricket" treatment because SL went on to win the tournament? Greatbatch batted the exact same way 4 years earlier
migara has been summoned.

Jayro

U19 12th Man
His making Deepak Patel opening bowler, and Mark Greatbach an opener was a master piece that i can remember from the top of my head, many captains took a leaf out of his book to make strategies during 90s.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Saying that he "invented" pinch-hitting openers is a stretch: Botham opened for England several times in 1983 (and I bet it'd been tried before that). He even did so in the 1992 World Cup before Greatbatch (though without much success).