• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan

State Captain
Note, despite all the other feigned optimism, I'd feel much more confident about it if we had another decent midfielder :p
Naah, Clapo you should be creaming yourself AWS - three big forward targets that will at worst attract the three best defenders from the oppo, leaving the likes of Buchanan and Hooper too devour any loose balls culminating into a pretty destructive forward line. Big question is who will make space for who? Reckon Brown will play the Richo role and end up on the wing

Midfield is solid enough with good field kicks like Johnstone, Rich, Rischitelli, Black, Power able to hit the tit of Brownolashaw on most occassions.

Xav Clarke is a daft trade tho - not sure why you'd a walking injury in to your club

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
AWTA. I think the times our midfield struggled was when they had to play short passes, or had to slow down an attack, because their only target was Brown/Bradshaw, and they had 2 defenders on them. With 3 targets, and a couple of smalls working off them, we'll be able to flow a lot better out of defence, and so I reckon you'll see our disposal of the ball improve a lot.

howardj

International Coach
Well done Vossy.

Our premiership window was slightly ajar pre-trade period

Post trade, the glass has been smashed to pieces.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would love to know what exactly Carlton understood about what Fev had done in Brownlow night and when, and what they told Brisbane, if anything. It was a big risk by Brisbane, but it looks like Carlton had no desire to pursue the truth in case it ruined his trade value further. Par for them really.

Wanted the Pies to take a risk but it looks like we might have dodged a bullet with him. He could be facing a Cousins style 'disrepute' suspension before round 1 rolls around.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Naah, Clapo you should be creaming yourself AWS - three big forward targets that will at worst attract the three best defenders from the oppo, leaving the likes of Buchanan and Hooper too devour any loose balls culminating into a pretty destructive forward line. Big question is who will make space for who? Reckon Brown will play the Richo role and end up on the wing

Midfield is solid enough with good field kicks like Johnstone, Rich, Rischitelli, Black, Power able to hit the tit of Brownolashaw on most occassions.

Xav Clarke is a daft trade tho - not sure why you'd a walking injury in to your club
It's not so much the delivery, as the winning contested ball I'm worried about.

Personally think Bradshaw will spend more time down back this season with Fev in the team, as we have a fairly short backline aside from Merritt and Patful.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You only have to look at the Saints a few years back to know that 3 talls can often not work. Bradshaw (if he doesn't retire) will certainly spend most of his time down back, and play the Adam Hunter style swingman role as Jack alluded to,

pasag

RTDAS
Would love to know what exactly Carlton understood about what Fev had done in Brownlow night and when, and what they told Brisbane, if anything. It was a big risk by Brisbane, but it looks like Carlton had no desire to pursue the truth in case it ruined his trade value further. Par for them really.

Wanted the Pies to take a risk but it looks like we might have dodged a bullet with him. He could be facing a Cousins style 'disrepute' suspension before round 1 rolls around.
I'd be very suprised if they didn't know, it seems to have been common knowledge in upper footy circles and if the AFL knew about it then Brisbane would have know about it. However Carlton are lucky in that it didn't get out as you would have seen a media and fan backlash similar to Campbell Brown and the trade would never have gone ahead.

irfan

State Captain
You only have to look at the Saints a few years back to know that 3 talls can often not work. Bradshaw (if he doesn't retire) will certainly spend most of his time down back, and play the Adam Hunter style swingman role as Jack alluded to,
Yeh but Brown, Bradshaw & Lynch netted three flags altho I agree that either Bradshaw or Brown will be shuffled around the ground.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What do people reckon will happen with Luke Ball?

Melbourne have made it clear they want him from what I understand. And Richmond haven't ruled it out, and Collingwood are obviously still interested.

Ball and Cousins in Richmond, whether injured or not, would make the rest of the soft ****s surely have to stand up and realise what being hard at it is all about.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Apparently you're going to give him vice-captaincy, with the promise of him being captain after Mcdonald is gone.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see him getting to Collingwood now...if he nominates for the PSD he's no chance, and if he nominates for the draft I think Essendon will pick up with either 24 or 26, you'd have though Brisbane will want to pick up a kid, but I'm not sure with Voss so they could use 27 on him if he's available.

irfan

State Captain
Jesse Smith walks out on us and is nominating for the PSD. Real shame with the way this has been handled as now we're gonna SFA for him

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brock was often in trouble though right? Bit indisciplined.

And it doesn't necessarily not make sense. As you now have a second first round pick for Brock, plus getting Ball for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.