• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha just baiting tbh, was suprised you didn't pick that up after nearly two years of posting in this thread.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Haha just baiting tbh, was suprised you didn't pick that up after nearly two years of posting in this thread.
The off-season has been so long i couldn't remember what your posting was like :@

I think i may need to get a few footy vids out over the weekend.

mikeW

seriously mike love how you believe in ya team but lets get real here. will not make the 8 9th or 10th for me.
Im not too sure where we'll end up on the ladder but im very confident of not finidhing bottom 4. Alot of our middle tier players will step up imo.

We have the best forward line in the comp and if our midfield can develope with the likes of Stanton, Winderlich, Monfries, Watson, Dempsey, Lovett playing major roles we will make top 8 for sure.

howardj

International Coach
Ben Cousins

It's very sad what's happened to this guy.

I remember when he first started playing AFL.

I used to be very hard line on drugs, but in some cases it really is an illness.

kanga_kid

Cricket Spectator
That would be ideal but i would not get your hopes up. With Cousins and Judd gone look for Butler to slot back into the middle after a horror year. Shannon Hurn has trimmed down a little and will play a rotating role through there IMO. LeCras will play more football in there as well.

Priddis, Steinglein, Kerr, Cox, Embley, Braun, Butler, Hurn, LeCras, Fletcher, McNamara,and Selwood will all play in the middle at times and even people like Staker could fill a role. I think Masten will be lucky to play 5 games although i hope i am wrong.

Throw Masten, Ebert, and Scott Selwood into the mix along with the developing KPP and i think it will be a scary looking side come 2009/10.
look at those names.......(sick isnt it) i mean with out judd and cousins WC still have probobly the best midfeild in the compitition, and with the draft picks they got this year, dont expect them to drop off into mid table. they are a wounded dog not a dead one. beware the coasters. its just rediculous there depth, just two or three of those boys would make a huge difference to any club in the league, how are any of them ever gonna get a game is beyond me.there is no room.
but judd alone will take the blues to the finals this year, Fivola the leading goal scorer in the league with that midfield last year is a blantant mirricle, with Judd and Stevens if fit will give him so much ball. the blues are top eight for me. i have melbourne or adelaide down for wooden spoon, i know Adelaide right, but its been years since a interstate club has picked it up so i feel its time i hope anyway lol.....im a roo_fan that still holds a grudge.

. wonder how geelong will handle the pressure of being the reighning champs? can the under acheivers freo come good with a decent coach for once. and the saints likely to choke under pressure again i have freo for the flag over geelong.

Hoggy31

International Captain
LADDER
1. Geelong
2. West Coast
3. North Melbourne
4. Bulldogs
5. Port Adelaide
6. Brisbane
7. Fremantle
8. Collingwood

9. Sydney
10. Hawthorn
11. Melbourne
12. St Kilda
13. Essendon
14. Carlton
15. Adelaide
16. Richmond

Premier: Brisbane
Runner-Up: Geelong
Brownlow: Cooney
Coleman: Pavlich
Rising Star: Leigh Adams
Wooden Spoon: Richmond

Startin' early.

138 days.
Sticking by this.. for now.

kanga_kid

Cricket Spectator
and so will st kilda..... a little optomistic with the buldogs, and the kangaroos havn't got a chance finnishing third even if they were touched with the hand of god. seriously Carlton are top four next year

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
and so will st kilda..... a little optomistic with the buldogs, and the kangaroos havn't got a chance finnishing third even if they were touched with the hand of god. seriously Carlton are top four next year
How often do we hear that about the Roos though? Considering Thompson's injury, who the hell expected them to make the prelims last season?

kanga_kid

Cricket Spectator
well yeah thats true, but with all the gold coast talks last year and their money problems really getting up on there back, its only a matter of time before they start struggling on feild. with archer retired now where are they going to find the heart and shin bone spirit from? i hope they defy me but its unlikely.

kanga_kid

Cricket Spectator
and just quickly. the way they played in the finals....there really didnt look like they belonged there.... they beat a hawthorn team who were playing finals for the first time in a long time...and with the youngest list going around.... i hate to bash the roos, coz i love em at heart.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
WC will slip a bit... players from last years draft shouldn't be expected to do much.
No doubt will slip a little but still a very realistic chance of making the top 4 or higher with a good run with injuries. Still some very very good players in this side. The best ruckmen, the best fullback and still some very good midfielders and an improving forward line.

Dont expect to many of the draftees to play anyway. Masten and Ebert may play a few games as well as Selwood but no more than 10 i would not think unless they perform brilliantly.

mikeW

Masten may struggle for a game this yr after his fight in a Nightclub in WA. Was fineed 2k and suspended for the NAB cup.

As fo the person who said Carlton can make top 4, get real. They will struggle to get out of the bottom 4. Whats with all the hype they haave been recieving? Judd won't make THAT much of a difference.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Carlton are not top 4 material just yet in fact they may struggle to make the finals still. They did really well in the off season with their recruits but still have some gaping holes. They have no quality ruckmen. (Yes i know they drafted Matthew Kreuzer but give him a chance to develop) and their backline is very very thin. I would be putting them in the 8-11 basket.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Masten may struggle for a game this yr after his fight in a Nightclub in WA. Was fineed 2k and suspended for the NAB cup.

As fo the person who said Carlton can make top 4, get real. They will struggle to get out of the bottom 4. Whats with all the hype they haave been recieving? Judd won't make THAT much of a difference.

Yes was suspended for the Pre Season comp.

He also has had OP so was never looking at round 1 anyway IMO. Expect to see him around the middle of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.