• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern Fab 3 (or 4).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we at a point where we have a set of 3/4 batsmen in a similiar situation to early career kohli-root-smith-williamson (early in their career batsmen who have just started to figure out international cricket and could be generational players, all same age range; 23-34).

Green, brook and gill all seem like obvious examples. Brook has started his test career and done fantastically in the past 12 months, green made his maiden test ton in the past 12 months and gill has made hundreds in all 3 formats in the past 12 months.

Is their a 4th option you could throw in here to create a fab four like the last batch? I was thinking nissanka but he's 25 and has slowed down since his maiden test and ODI 100's. Similiar story with abdullah shafique. Tristan stubbs could be an option if he really kicks on in the next 6-12 months but his coming of age would be a bit later than the other 3.

Socerer 01

International Captain
idk about that chief

that fab 4 stated by Crowe shared a lot of similarities in that they were number 3 or 4 batsmen, all earmarked to be future captains and seen as leading batsmen for their teams in the future and also usually approached cricket with similar mindset. Gill I don’t think will be the leading man by himself, he will have some stiff competition for sure from his future teammates

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we at a point where we have a set of 3/4 batsmen in a similiar situation to early career kohli-root-smith-williamson (early in their career batsmen who have just started to figure out international cricket and could be generational players, all same age range; 23-34).

Green, brook and gill all seem like obvious examples. Brook has started his test career and done fantastically in the past 12 months, green made his maiden test ton in the past 12 months and gill has made hundreds in all 3 formats in the past 12 months.

Is their a 4th option you could throw in here to create a fab four like the last batch? I was thinking nissanka but he's 25 and has slowed down since his maiden test and ODI 100's. Similiar story with abdullah shafique. Tristan stubbs could be an option if he really kicks on in the next 6-12 months but his coming of age would be a bit later than the other 3.
Nah. I don’t get this obsession from people trying to pick out a “new fab four” or whatever. It was really a one time thing imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah. I don’t get this obsession from people trying to pick out a “new fab four” or whatever. It was really a one time thing imo.
It's kinda fun to speculate, but yeah largely agree anyway.

I actually thought Chandimal was in the same class as a talent as the 'four'. I wonder how he would have progressed in less of a basket case of a system. His record is bordering on ATVG in what was largely a crap Test side throughout his career but he's spent significant parts of it dropped anyway ffs.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
4 is the magic number, not 3. Also need to span a full calendar decade.

E.g. No one froths over the Fab 3 allrounders of 1997ish to 2005ish.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
extreme leftism at work
No, you're being extremely ignorant again. "Extreme leftists" love Stalin and Churchill knowingly and intentionally imposed mass starvation and famine on Bengal. He called Indians a "beastly people with a beastly religion".