• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm so glad Marsh took wickets, now he just needs to make a score and all you ****s will be tasting it.

Pretty sure me and AT were the only ones happy with his selection

edit: and I'll reiterate what I said yesterday before the game. Why the **** do they keep picking Peter ****ing Siddle. And they've got Pattinson and Starc on the sidelines! This is absurd. The only thing I can think of is they are looking at the options of getting a draw this game and they think he'll keep it tighter than the other 2. Still doesn't make sense though.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't complain about this Marsh selection, I actually wanted it too because I love the controversy/memes it generates plus hed started to grow on me the way most underachieving players do because you start to feel bad for them

Definitely didn't expect his selection would result in success though

Also would be very surprised if he scores runs, but I'd like him too

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I see so many in the forum against the selection of Marsh. I say he will get either a fifty or take 3 wickets in an innings this test. Anybody up for an avatar bet?
I sense Marsh making a century, batting with Smith as they put on 500+ for the 6th wicket
I'm so glad Marsh took wickets, now he just needs to make a score and all you ****s will be tasting it.

Pretty sure me and AT were the only ones happy with his selection
A few of us outsiders as well.:cool:

aussie tragic

International Captain
For the record, this is Marsh's 7th test vs England and he has 368 runs @ 52.57 with 2 hundreds and 12 wkts @ 26.33, so I don't know what everyone was going on about..

He obviously finds playing England easy ;)

morgieb

For the record, this is Marsh's 7th test vs England and he has 368 runs @ 52.57 with 2 hundreds and 12 wkts @ 26.33, so I don't know what everyone was going on about..

He obviously finds playing England easy ;)
I could’ve scored runs on the wickets he scored on.

trundler

Wow I didn't expect to wake up to Marsh turning into Waqar. Hope more of this comes from Jos.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
When he came to England in 2015 he couldn't buy a run, but did bowl very handily and make some key breakthroughs. Last Ashes here in Australia he did make those two tons, but was somewhat of a nonentity with the ball. The numbers, while interesting, don't tell the full story.

stephen

The problem I've always had with Marsh is that his bowling can be quite decent but his batting has not been test standard. It's a shame because he only really needs to average 6 or 7 runs higher to be worth picking regularly. And he does have immense potential. I really wanted to see him back in the shield for a season or two racking up the runs before he got picked.

stephen

I just realised that Cummins basically dismissed Root 4 times this innings.

Perhaps it's not the captaincy that's the problem. Perhaps it's Cummins.

TheJediBrah

Wow I didn't expect to wake up to Marsh turning into Waqar. Hope more of this comes from Jos.
Genuinely swinging it both ways was pleasing to see. He was hitting the 130s too wasn't he? Not bad at all.

CumWood are great but they don't exactly get a lot of swing.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Looking forward to England being all out for 295 and Smith starting another batting masterclass after lunch with 169 to get the 2nd best series ever baby :)

morgieb

Then he must've bowled brilliantly on those same decks
Except he failed to take a wicket on that deck. In England he bowled well but batted poorly. In Australia he batted great but was a bit of a non-entity with the ball.

Victor Ian

International Coach
What Marsh did today makes him worthwhile enough, even allowing for his mi**** batting. I'm not talking the 4 wickets either. If he can bowl a large chunk of overs economically, then he is being useful. It is when he only bowls 7 or so in an innings and then scores nothing is when he annoys.