• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 weeks to go

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
Till the County Championship starts here. Im tipping Surrey to win league one, Lancashire to win league two, Warwickshire for the Royal London & finally Sussex to win the t20.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Till the County Championship starts here. Im tipping Surrey to win league one, Lancashire to win league two, Warwickshire for the Royal London & finally Sussex to win the t20.
Yes, Lancashire or Middlesex in division 2. Division 1? Not sure but Notts have been poaching like crazy and it is hard to look past Surrey or Essex with Alistair Cook now permanently at the top order. Hate to say it for your sake (and I'm not saying this to be funny) but cannot see much coming from Yorkshire. Bit of a player exodus there recently and the usual Yorkshire infighting and politics. Could see them going down.

We'll (Durham) not do anything unless we have a run in the two limited overs competitions. Mid-table if we perform at absolute maximum. I cannot see it though.

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
Yes, Lancashire or Middlesex in division 2. Division 1? Not sure but Notts have been poaching like crazy and it is hard to look past Surrey or Essex with Alistair Cook now permanently at the top order. Hate to say it for your sake (and I'm not saying this to be funny) but cannot see much coming from Yorkshire. Bit of a player exodus there recently and the usual Yorkshire infighting and politics. Could see them going down.

We'll (Durham) not do anything unless we have a run in the two limited overs competitions. Mid-table if we perform at absolute maximum. I cannot see it though.
I think we were lucky last season if I'm honest not to be relegated. We have some good youngsters coming through the likes of Harry Brook (20) Matt Fisher (22) Ben Coad ( 25) James Logan ( 21 ) Josh Shaw ( 23) Jarred Warner ( 22) Jordan Thompson (22) but we will miss Brooks & Plunkett as well as losing Andy Hodd to retirement. Alex Lees had to go sadly his all round play was woeful.as was Azeem Rafiq.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I think we were lucky last season if I'm honest not to be relegated. We have some good youngsters coming through the likes of Harry Brook (20) Matt Fisher (22) Ben Coad ( 25) James Logan ( 21 ) Josh Shaw ( 23) Jarred Warner ( 22) Jordan Thompson (22) but we will miss Brooks & Plunkett as well as losing Andy Hodd to retirement. Alex Lees had to go sadly his all round play was woeful.
Yes we picked Lees up, I suppose hoping that he recaptures that form he had when Lyth-Lees was the best opening partnership. (He will probably be opening with Cameron Bancroft who I see has just completed a 138* for WA, first match after sandpaper gate).

tony p

First Class Debutant
hoping for kent to survive in division 1, hoping darren stevens can have 1 more golden summer at the highest level. ( hopefully he hasn't gone on 1 season to long)

like to see sussex get promoted with 3 teams up this year. WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE OF GLAM, LEIC , DERBY OR NORTHANTS PUSH FOR PROMOTION BUT I DOUBT IT.

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
So is Pujara coming back for another stint?
I wouldn't have thought so. As I said elsewhere I met him during our game at Taunton last year & he's a lovely gentleman was clearly popular in the dressing room but he just can't seem to cut it at county level. He failed at Notts in 2017 as well.

Bijed

International Regular
I wouldn't have thought so. As I said elsewhere I met him during our game at Taunton last year & he's a lovely gentleman was clearly popular in the dressing room but he just can't seem to cut it at county level. He failed at Notts in 2017 as well.
Yeah, he really didn't do well at all in the CC. But, he then ended up with a few good innings in the test series, so maybe he got a bit of a mental block after a bad start to the Championship and would do much better now he's got the confidence of knowing he can score runs in English conditions

a massive zebra

International Captain
I think we were lucky last season if I'm honest not to be relegated. We have some good youngsters coming through the likes of Harry Brook (20) Matt Fisher (22) Ben Coad ( 25) James Logan ( 21 ) Josh Shaw ( 23) Jarred Warner ( 22) Jordan Thompson (22) but we will miss Brooks & Plunkett as well as losing Andy Hodd to retirement. Alex Lees had to go sadly his all round play was woeful.as was Azeem Rafiq.
Harry Brook's dad David is a disgrace. His drunken, loutish, anti social behaviour has been known to cause havoc in Burley-in-Wharfedale, an an otherwise pleasant town near where my mum lives.

One example of his many escapades:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...smashing-caravan-lifted-son-play-England.html

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope the compensation had already been paid - makes a mockery of the system if he hadn't and still got this variation

a massive zebra

International Captain
Hope the compensation had already been paid - makes a mockery of the system if he hadn't and still got this variation
I have no idea as I don't know him personally, but he is a well known trouble maker in the area and my mum has seen him getting up to no good on more than one occasion.