• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Made 85 in his last innings? And top scored in the 2nd dig of the second test
I guess he means "impactful" in terms of changing the state of the game, although I would argue that the game was still very much up in the air when he came out to bat.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Made 85 in his last innings? And top scored in the 2nd dig of the second test
The match situation was not nearly as important in either, though tbf we may have lost if he'd only got 40 odd at Sydney the bowling was that bad - but the tail could've added some handy runs like the first innings. The series is gone if we don't get a big total here.

Spark

Global Moderator
The match situation was not nearly as important in either, though tbf we may have lost if he'd only got 40 odd at Sydney the bowling was that bad. The series is gone if we don't get a big total here.
Think one thing series has told us that is that we need to constantly take the unders on what constitutes a par score relative to expectations, simply because of the gap between the quality of the bowling and the batting.

And there's a risk that India could fall away badly by the third innings here. They're already looking quite tired out there.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These two need to take us past at least 250 for us to get the runs we actually need to force a result here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think one thing series has told us that is that we need to constantly take the unders on what constitutes a par score relative to expectations, simply because of the gap between the quality of the bowling and the batting.

And there's a risk that India could fall away badly by the third innings here. They're already looking quite tired out there.
Imagine how true this would be if the catching had been First Class standard.

I suppose the running has at times made up for that.

Aritro

International Regular
**** me, what is this line Thakur's bowling. He's absolutely lost his composure. Kid needs to take a faux piss-break, and spend 15 minutes on the cushion following his breathing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
**** me, what is this line Thakur's bowling. He's absolutely lost his composure. Kid needs to take a faux piss-break, and spend 15 minutes on the cushion following his breathing.
If he had any sort of patience or discipline he would have played lot more for India. Sadly it's now clear he will never have those attributes.