• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bess finishes with 7 for 38. I'm not saying he should play against India, but moving to Root & Silverwood's home county won't do his test chances any harm if he does consistently put his game in order.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Selfish sloppy slimy jimmy saving his meme spell for kent instead of using it against nz so he can get 1000fc wickets in a fc game instead of test is the most disgusting behavior i've seen on a cricket pitch since toastiegate

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just realised Cricinfo has full commentary for this match. I'm guessing they're going of the Youtube stream, but has that ever happened before for a county match?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The commentators on the live stream were discussing how high a percentage (roughly 62%) test wickets are out of Anderson's 1000. Obviously other quicks who've taken 1000 FC wickets have nowhere near that percentage, but I was wondering whether some spinners may have an even high percentage. Murali's the obvious one, I'd have thought. And maybe Warne or Kumble,?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pathetic from Surrey today, heading for an innings and plenty defeat unless they improve massively in the second innings, or unless the remaining days are rained off.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The commentators on the live stream were discussing how high a percentage (roughly 62%) test wickets are out of Anderson's 1000. Obviously other quicks who've taken 1000 FC wickets have nowhere near that percentage, but I was wondering whether some spinners may have an even high percentage. Murali's the obvious one, I'd have thought. And maybe Warne or Kumble,?
Considering Anderson that playing in the era when players are most likely to miss FC matches. Murali is 58%, Kumble 54% and Warne 53%. I don't see why Murali would've been an 'obvious' choice at all.

If you forget 1k wickets then a lot of bowlers playing currently would be higher, especially the ones that need cotton wool. Cummins's 78% is an example. But none of them are going to reach 1000 FC wickets unless limited overs cricket undergoes a sudden, unexpected death.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Just saw Marnus's dismissal, slight edge back on to his stumps, looked absolutely crestfallen LOL, he really hates getting out.