• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019 MCG Boxing day test tickets

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly prefer watching shield cricket at AB Field over the Gabba. The Gabba being completely empty isn't the greatest environment to enjoy the cricket. AB Field being a smaller, domestic ground feels more intimate when compared to the sterility of the larger stadium.

Having said that, there is a charm to watching cricket with a full stadium.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I’m heading over to this too ... haven’t been to Melbourne before, so what better time! Very expensive flights at that time of year, though.

I’m surprised they don’t do a full test 5 day ticket, that’s what I was expecting to buy. I did get an email this week saying there would be a Blackcaps fan lounge, wonder how much that will cost to get into.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I’m heading over to this too ... haven’t been to Melbourne before, so what better time! Very expensive flights at that time of year, though.

I’m surprised they don’t do a full test 5 day ticket, that’s what I was expecting to buy. I did get an email this week saying there would be a Blackcaps fan lounge, wonder how much that will cost to get into.
Quite often there's special Xmas Day flights, there was last year for about $249 which hopefully happens this year too.

Blackcaps Fan Lounge sounds dope. Yeah weird they don't do a match pass!

thierry henry

International Coach
Already booked my flights, I'll be there all 5 days homies. HMU or look for the group of juvenile dickheads in those beige Super Troopers outfits.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah the person I’m going with booked my flights and accommodation already too, so I hope they don’t have any sales haha.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you’re staying for a while, would recommend a trip down to the Mornington Peninsula for some wine tasting. Beautiful part of the world too.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just be sure to bypass Frankston completely. Unless of course you want to see some wild racist bogans in their natural habitat.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
My cousin lives in Frankston, she would agree 100%. Last time I was there saw someone guzzling a longneck of Melbourne Bitter outside the train station at about 10AM