• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are likes really that impressive in this era?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You look around in the current climate and there a dime a dozen now. Cribb's filling his boots, Athlai seems to get one every post, *****'s having a ball, Jono gets a few having been dropped from Cricket Chat three times!!.. Spark in this current series vs Blocky, Heef has a few in absentia...a youngster like Moss has twenty three in eleven posts and what can be said about that like fest in CC when everyone ripped into WW's weird theories?!! :blink:

I wonder if there will soon come a time when a like will become the new AWTA? because it just seems to be far too easy for posters these days.

cnerd123

likes this
Hehe. I just tried to make a similar joke in the real thread.

TBF I give a lot of likes so I believe that has inflated the average like-rate a decent amount.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The India in Australia tour thread has over 1,700 likes. Flat track bullying by all involved.

cnerd123

likes this
Should likes scored by posters while they are still teenagers count for more, considering many posters aren't even good enough to debut at that same age? What about for the older posters who have peaked at the age when normal posters retire? Do you hold it against a poster for retiring at their peak instead of playing through the eventual decline (ex - Benchmark).

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We shouldn't reward members who debuted post like introduction simply for having better posts to likes ratios. It would be wrong to hold it against members who were toiling away for years making quality posts without getting the recognition they deserve.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think we have to arrive at a system to segregate likes from people of the same country as the poster and away posters. Too many home town heroes filling their boots itbt.

I mean when you are from a country like South Africa, with it's green pitches, hot babes and lack of posters, you end up getting far less home likes than anyone else simply because you're batting at the toughest place in the world and there are no home posters to like your posts, this needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's so appropriate that many Indian posters leak likes for free no matter who the opposition is and a poster from the breezy archipelago can't score likes to save his life.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have the mods discovered any evidence of like for like agreements yet - if so what level of infraction will like-fixing be?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hold the record for giving out likes to pre-like era posts and I'm pretty proud of that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Me not being alone in a foreign country with stacks of time to kill will do that

cpr

International Coach
The problem for some of us is that although we get off to a good start, converting the :laugh: into the likes is tough, and the halves aren't recorded anywhere

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealanders definitely should have an asterisk next to their likes imo. How can the likes of Flem have over a thousand likes?

On a much happier note, I've just realised I'm pretty close to that milestone myself and in all likelihood I'll reach there in the next week or so. Wonder how I'm going to celebrate.

Flem274*

123/5
we need to implement a likesguru so we can get all the stats. home and away records, who they score likes from and against, thread situation etc