Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Throwing Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Who are you ffs? Why are you making these age jokes? I should, I suppose, be flattered and ought to make a little joke back, but I'm afraid you're so monumentally nondescript I'm not able to.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Zip it, ****.

You have to earn your stripes to make an ageist joke. It's nothing personal against Ganeshran who's a good fella.

And as for you, ****. Here I was going to post how you're the most improved poster on the forum in the BOTM thread. Well, gagfc.

That and trhe bottle of Villa Maria at lunch has rendered me disinclined to do so! WAC.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Guys, I've just liked the OP. It's a travesty that it previously had no likes, let's make it the most liked post in the history of CW
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

In my youth, I regularly played backyard cricket with some of my neighbours who were roughly the same age as I. We developed some really unorthodox rules to counteract the environmental hazards at play.

One such rule outlawed throwing anything at the other players, particularly while they were batting. Penalty runs would ensue if this rule was broken. The reason behind this was fairly simple; players used to throw all sorts of random objects that could found on the field at the batsman to distract him. Gumnuts, grass and eventually even shoes were thrown, which saw to the introduction of the eventual rule after a shoe cost me a match to the shoe-thrower.

These penalty rules essentially got me a win one day. I was four runs short of victory when I was dismissed, before one of the fielders decided to throw gumnuts at me. It was a deliberate concession of penalty runs out of spite, to stop another player he was having a tiff with from finishing on top. The rules had to be tinkered again after that.

Good times.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 12-05-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    GIMH, marc71178, Ausage and 6 others like this.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    If we do a this is your life on PEWS we have to track down Sanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    If we do a this is your life on PEWS we have to track down Sanka.
    He went off the rails. Used to come into my house in the middle of the day to steal my parents' cigarettes and alcohol.

Arjun Nageswaran: I am a 11 year-old boy who lives in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. This is a picture of me playing cricket with my two friends. I am the batsman. We played in the snow and the rule was that if it went past the snow, it would be a 4. Whenever the ball landed in the snow, we would pick it up and in the process create footprints in the snow that would last a long time. I hit the next ball past the snow and got a 4, but got my trousers wet from the snow.
    The Indian Cribb? Should get him here asap. Maybe he could run the CW Forumer World Cup better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    In my youth, I regularly played backyard cricket with some of my neighbours who were roughly the same age as I. We developed some really unorthodox rules to counteract the environmental hazards at play.

One such rule outlawed throwing anything other the other players, particularly while they were batting. Penalty runs would ensue if this rule was broken. The reason behind this was fairly simple; players used to throw all sorts of random objects that could found on the field at the batsman to distract him. Gumnuts, grass and eventually even shoes were thrown, which saw to the introduction of the eventual rule after a shoe cost me a match to the shoe-thrower.

These penalty rules essentially got me a win one day. I was four runs short of victory when I was dismissed, before one of the fielders decided to throw gumnuts at me. It was a deliberate concession of penalty runs out of spite, to stop another player he was having a tiff with from finishing on top. The rules had to be tinkered again after that.

Good times.
    The people have spoken PEWS. Original post received 15 likes compared to 8 for the updated 2013 version..........15 yo PEWS > 25 yo PEWS.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information