• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm going to be different and have a One Day International!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That said, Hamish > James. But it's a pretty darn close-run thing.

ITBT, Turner > the lot of 'em.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee edits the opening post in June 2008, after it was made in September 2002 (not long after I turned 17, incidentally). ITSTL. Wonder what he did and why he did it.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But it's a pretty darn close-run thing,
Not really. James probably does a better job of making the most of what he has, but Hamish is unquestionably the better player. That brief period of success at the start of his Test career including a hundred on debut against Australia is something I could never imagine James achieving, for example, and the same is probably true of his feats for Gloucestershire since he arrived there.

He obviously wasn't great but I don't think it's particularly close between he and James.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GAGF what do you think this is, a cricket forum?????

Last edited by a moderator:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd put it in the Asia Cup thread ITBT

TBF EWS, I feel sorry for you having your post in here. It doesn't deserve to not be attributed to your stats, and you can give your PBD a nice boost by moving it.

I think you should transfer the whole TF to another forum, give everyone a post boost

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which thread would I put it in though? I don't think Hamish and James deserve their own thread in CC TBH.
I'm sure there's a "Bracewell's fascination with the Marshall twins" thread out there somewhere, but a quick search on the Search Feature couldn't find it due to the option's current limited capabilities.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not really. James probably does a better job of making the most of what he has, but Hamish is unquestionably the better player. That brief period of success at the start of his Test career including a hundred on debut against Australia is something I could never imagine James achieving, for example, and the same is probably true of his feats for Gloucestershire since he arrived there.

He obviously wasn't great but I don't think it's particularly close between he and James.
Scored 40* on debut iirc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha. Did his ODI career start against Pakistan then? I really should look these things up before posting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed it did, when they sent half the first-team (if not even less) there in 2003/04.