• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Descriptions Underneath User Names

Cloete

International Captain
Just wondering what's up with the descriptions underneath our user names? They aren't changing anymore!! And half of the members are seen as "Registered User".

Could we possibly request personal descriptions? I'm sick of being a match referee :dry:

Andre

International Regular
Personal descriptions, I'd guess, are a no-no. Simply, it would be a nightmare to change every description to suit a user - there isn't enough time as only James can do it and he is busy enough already.

Most 'registered users' have been mods or staff memeber in the past so their descriptions have defaulted back.

Cloete

International Captain
Andre said:
Personal descriptions, I'd guess, are a no-no. Simply, it would be a nightmare to change every description to suit a user - there isn't enough time as only James can do it and he is busy enough already.

Most 'registered users' have been mods or staff memeber in the past so their descriptions have defaulted back.
Hm... I'm not so sure! Anyway why am I still a match referee? I was one before teh switch, I think everybody has kept the same description since the switch wihich is the problem!

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
Hm... I'm not so sure! Anyway why am I still a match referee? I was one before teh switch, I think everybody has kept the same description since the switch wihich is the problem!
Maybe James just forgot to reactivate it after the new forum software was installed, as just before he was asking me and Andre to come up with a load more ranks, so they are certianly still part of the forum...so it's strange why they aren't working... iam sure I asked James ages ago about why it wasn't working and at the time it wasn't a important factor with other stuff going on so must have been forgoten.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it is a bit weird. Some of the more prominent users are Registered Users, while some are other names which seems a bit random.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I know this could take a while James, but as a suggestion - Perhaps the rank of 'Cricketing God' and others could be moved up to 5000 posts or so, there are a lot of people on high ranks...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
I know this could take a while James, but as a suggestion - Perhaps the rank of 'Cricketing God' and others could be moved up to 5000 posts or so, there are a lot of people on high ranks...
oi no, that means i wont be a cricketing god anymore :(