• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why was my post pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

Banned
I commented on the Australian politics thread about grants to the arts. My post were removed and no reason has been given.

I said nothing abusive, I didnt attack any poster, I just happened to agree with the government, is that what it has come to here on this site, anything in support of the government will be censored.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I commented on the Australian politics thread about grants to the arts. My post were removed and no reason has been given.

I said nothing abusive, I didnt attack any poster, I just happened to agree with the government, is that what it has come to here on this site, anything in support of the government will be censored.
Dammit harsh.

TNT

Banned
What did your posts say mate?
I basically agreed that the government has the right to reject taxpayers money being used for studies that may not be in the best interests of the public. 99.7% of grants are approved but sometimes commonsense has to prevail and the rejection of a grant for history of men’s dress from 1870-1970, seems quite reasonable.

TNT

Banned
It is part of their responsibility to make sure that money allocated through grants is used wisely, its not like they went outside their authority. I find it quite refreshing to see politicians step and say that research on history of men’s dress from 1870 to 1970 is not a good way to spend taxpayers money.
Yes this one, why was it pulled?.

Ok my bad I thought it was in the Australian politics thread, thanks Ed.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You probably went into another parallel universe, didn't see your post there, came back and so the post was still there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great stuff from TNT here.

If it makes you feel any better, take comfort in the knowledge that this year Mrs Burgey and I spent the first week of October thinking daylight saving had already started, when it didn't kick off until the second weekend. We did this notwithstanding that we wondered why it was still so light so early, and so dark so early. My watch battery had died and of course your phones update the time automatically, and with the oven clock buggered as well, we just didn't figure it out.

It got to the Saturday night and we were on the phone to an Apple support bloke who told us he was in Brisbane and it was 7pm there, and we spent ten minutes arguing with him and saying it was 7pm in Sydney so it could only be 6pm there.

We had a look on social media and all these people were talking about clocks going forward, and we thought they were taking the piss in some sort of collective joke until we did a Google search and Mrs Burgey suggested that company probably wasn't in on the joke.

The really stupid thing is we were walking around saying how tired we were owing to the time changing, and we both mentioned it to people through the week, and no one corrected either of us. That, of course is understandable as we are the inner west's premier power couple, but you would have expected someone to chirp up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great stuff from TNT here.

If it makes you feel any better, take comfort in the knowledge that this year Mrs Burgey and I spent the first week of October thinking daylight saving had already started, when it didn't kick off until the second weekend. We did this notwithstanding that we wondered why it was still so light so early, and so dark so early. My watch battery had died and of course your phones update the time automatically, and with the oven clock buggered as well, we just didn't figure it out.

It got to the Saturday night and we were on the phone to an Apple support bloke who told us he was in Brisbane and it was 7pm there, and we spent ten minutes arguing with him and saying it was 7pm in Sydney so it could only be 6pm there.

We had a look on social media and all these people were talking about clocks going forward, and we thought they were taking the piss in some sort of collective joke until we did a Google search and Mrs Burgey suggested that company probably wasn't in on the joke.

The really stupid thing is we were walking around saying how tired we were owing to the time changing, and we both mentioned it to people through the week, and no one corrected either of us. That, of course is understandable as we are the inner west's premier power couple, but you would have expected someone to chirp up.
ok

Status
Not open for further replies.