• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Will this thread be closed if I question harsh ag closing any thread asking legitimate questions?

Can I have a response from an actual mod please

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Quite frankly, a moderator shouldn't be closing a thread which is related to his/her own behaviour.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s alarming really isn’t it. Sets an ‘us and them’ precedent that quite frankly this place has been rid of for years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait. This is the bloke who gave me (me ffs!) seven for not addressing forum members in an appropriate manner. What a joke.

By that, I mean both the ban and this hypocrisy. The examples are exactly on point - harsh called weldone an arsehole, as I understand it. Absolutely correct. No one on the forum apart from weldone would disagree (and maybe even he wouldn’t). Personally I don’t see a problem with what he did.

Likewise, I called out several of the utter dregs of the forum using completely appropriate descriptors. Yet copped a ban.

This is outrageous. It’s this sort of double standard which leads to **** like Brexit.

the big bambino

International Captain
Wait. This is the bloke who gave me (me ffs!) seven for not addressing forum members in an appropriate manner. What a joke.

By that, I mean both the ban and this hypocrisy. The examples are exactly on point - harsh called weldone an arsehole, as I understand it. Absolutely correct. No one on the forum apart from weldone would disagree (and maybe even he wouldn’t). Personally I don’t see a problem with what he did.

Likewise, I called out several of the utter dregs of the forum using completely appropriate descriptors. Yet copped a ban.

This is outrageous. It’s this sort of double standard which leads to **** like Brexit.
Hang on, is that what people think about weldone? I thought I was alone.

Daemon

Weldone’s fine. He just got overexcited and hasn’t apologised for being wrong about that Ashwin thing.

Burgey

Weldone’s fine. He just got overexcited and hasn’t apologised for being wrong about that Ashwin thing.
Someone hasn't read the "Idle Shareholders and Landlords" thread.

And. good luck to you, itbt.

Daemon

Someone hasn't read the "Idle Shareholders and Landlords" thread.

And. good luck to you, itbt.
Nothing wrong with holding an incorrect opinion (imo) on things like that (see your views on Allan Border for example).

Burgey

Having considered this further, I don't want to go overboard in reacting to this sort of one off thing.

We've known for ages that harsh is incompetent - closing the wrong thread is the sort of endearing quality which makes us think fondly of him - like a dottery aunt at Christmas who buys you a dud gift. It's still a gift.

But then he banned me, and he suddenly wasn't so harmless - now he became the CW version of the old racist relo who ****-posts Alt Right memes on FB, and who you want to block but if you did, you'd have to explain to the rest of the family that their loved one is actually a massive **** who's not harmless, but in fact is a bit dangerous, even though they **** up a lot.

And now this. Insulting forum members using the same language he's banned others for. Whilst we all applaud the sentiment, given the poster to whom it was addressed, it nevertheless sets the sort of precedent which would see harsh succeed in politics - setting and enforcing standards for others whcih he will not himself live up to. And we can't have that.

He must resign, and hand over the keys to the Moderator 5000 to yours truly.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Having considered this further, I don't want to go overboard in reacting to this sort of one off thing.

We've known for ages that harsh is incompetent - closing the wrong thread is the sort of endearing quality which makes us think fondly of him
Yeah, this. Why are we suddenly assuming Harsh locking the thread in question was deliberate?