• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Match Reports

cnerd123

likes this
I've missed a few of the WC Matches lately, and until I get time to watch the replays/highlights, I'd like to read a summary of the key moments and highlights of what happened in the match.

Ideally, I'd just read the CW threads. But they are massive.

Cricinfo and other online reports are okay, but not great.

This got me thinking...why don't we have CW Official Match Reports?

There are a lots of smart ppl and good writers on CW. I'm sure that after every match -or atleast the major ones- we can find someone who watched the whole thing and was involved in the thread to pen down a quick match rundown and summary for those of us who missed it.

Saves us the trouble of reading the whole thread, will be chockfull of CW memes, and could be a nifty feature to draw more people to the site.

Thoughts?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
CW used to do these on the main page. I think it became a bit like pulling teeth from the staff members at times though; they're not probably not riveting things to write if the match isn't great, and it required a pre-commitment of someone to sit and watch the whole game or the whole day's play. When they were good, which was often tbf, they put cricinfo to shame.. but sometimes they were there just as a point of continuity and had a 'phoned in' type feel.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voluntary basis imo. No fixed schedule, put up a post in a designated thread saying you'll be willing to do it, send in an article and wait for editing/approval.

Don't need to cover every match or every day of a test for that matter. Can see it working as a non regular thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Voluntary basis imo. No fixed schedule, put up a post in a designated thread saying you'll be willing to do it, send in an article and wait for editing/approval.

Don't need to cover every match or every day of a test for that matter. Can see it working as a non regular thing.
Yeah, I like this idea.

James

Cricket Web Owner
PEWS has covered off the reasons why we stopped this. It was back in 2008 which is a lot longer ago than I thought!

There are and have been some great writers come through CW over the years. I think the amount of knowledge the writers on CW have far out-ways a lot of other sites, CricInfo included.

If there are people willing to volunteer to do this for the Semi-Finals and Final of the World Cup please get in touch with me through a method in my signature :) Here's the Join the Team page also for anyone interested.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And pull quotes from match threads imo.
Time is the great enemy - I started to do that for a report on the first Test of the 2009 Ashes but it took me an hour and a half to do the first session - just wasn't a practical proposition unfortunately, which is a great shame as there are some priceless posts in every match thread which deserve to be showcased somewhere

cnerd123

likes this
Time is the great enemy - I started to do that for a report on the first Test of the 2009 Ashes but it took me an hour and a half to do the first session - just wasn't a practical proposition unfortunately, which is a great shame as there are some priceless posts in every match thread which deserve to be showcased somewhere
Would it be possible to sort all the posts in each thread by most liked?

cpr

International Coach
I hope not, I'd hate it if you started to feel sorry for the ones down the bottom of the list :p