• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fiery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Without wanting to speak for the Mod team, the fact that he has already served (if memory serves me) four bans (one of which had initially been thought to be perminant) means any such campaign is highly unlikely to get off the ground.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Without wanting to speak for the Mod team, the fact that he has already served (if memory serves me) four bans (one of which had initially been thought to be perminant) means any such campaign is highly unlikely to get off the ground.
It wasn't a serious suggestion. He knows how the forum is moderated, so either he can't help himself or getting a permanent ban was his life's ambition.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Money's seriously on the former. But I don't know that he'd like me talking of him basically behind his back as this, so that'll be my last word on the matter.

JBMAC

State Captain
As Senior(in age) and a member of this forum I believe the thread question has been adequately answered by the banning of Fiery. Any organisation is only as good as the standard of it's members and some have shown their obvious immaturity by "reporting" other forummers.
For heavens sake this is NOT a schoolroom and "dobbing" in is definitely not on.
Emotions will always run high when discussion takes place and the immaturity of Perm in this particular case is obvious and I am certainly surprised by the attitude of Admin in imposing this ban.
The discussion here is becoming banal as Cw will slowly fade away should this continue.
Laugh all you want at this statement BUT in 12-18 months time come back to this thread and say"**** he was right".
Some members need a wake up call as to their worth to be even posting information here not being prepared to stand by their statements and when they cannot win a chook raffle let alone an argument on cricket, then they should take their bat and go home to mummy.
I'm sorry if this offends some people but in over 70 years of life I have found it best to speak the truth.
The bottom line is guys Wake up to yourselves.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some members need a wake up call as to their worth to be even posting information here not being prepared to stand by their statements and when they cannot win a chook raffle let alone an argument on cricket, then they should take their bat and go home to mummy.
Who is this supposed to be directed at?

Perm

No names wer mentioned BUT if the cap fits.........
Seems to be describing Fiery almost perfectly, which seems to contradict the rest of your post. I don't beleive in any way that comment can be directed fairly at me.

JBMAC

State Captain
Seems to be describing Fiery almost perfectly, which seems to contradict the rest of your post. I don't beleive in any way that comment can be directed fairly at me.
And that's the immaturity I was mentioning.If you seriously thought that was directed at Fiery then maybe you should take your bat and................

Perm

And that's the immaturity I was mentioning.If you seriously thought that was directed at Fiery then maybe you should take your bat and................
I suppose I'll be "dobbed" in now for telling the truth
Oh the irony. I 'dobbed' Fiery in for abusing other members and constantly breaking forum rules, nothing else. I know you directed that comment at me, but it summed Fiery up so well I was surprised.

neville cardus

International Debutant
But are his more colourful efforts truly deserved of that? The man brings to the party far more than he takes, and a touch more understanding could go a long way.

James

Cricket Web Owner
To clear this up, Richard isn't a moderator so what he says isn't the full story.

That was apart of it yes, but not the complete story. It was also down to his behaviour with Perm and other members, along with what we believe was bringing down the tone of the forum.

He has been banned many times in the past for similiar things, and he was told last time that he was on a final warning and anymore would result in a further ban. Hence now, its permanent. If you go back through his history, you'll find this has carried on with him for months.

The report post feature exists for a purpose and it should be used. That's exactly why it exists. A moderator would have come across Fiery's post and the same result would have occured. The only difference it made was that it happened a few hours faster.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
But are his more colourful efforts truly deserved of that? The man brings to the party far more than he takes, and a touch more understanding could go a long way.
Trust me, this was done many times with Fiery. I personally reminded him of this and I know of other moderators who did many times.

We were very generous in the past with his bannings, but there's only so much you can take, and as he obviously wasn't listening in anyway to us, he left us with no choice with his continued behaviour.

FRAZ

International Captain
As Senior(in age) and a member of this forum I believe the thread question has been adequately answered by the banning of Fiery. Any organisation is only as good as the standard of it's members and some have shown their obvious immaturity by "reporting" other forummers.
For heavens sake this is NOT a schoolroom and "dobbing" in is definitely not on.
Emotions will always run high when discussion takes place and the immaturity of Perm in this particular case is obvious and I am certainly surprised by the attitude of Admin in imposing this ban.
The discussion here is becoming banal as Cw will slowly fade away should this continue.
Laugh all you want at this statement BUT in 12-18 months time come back to this thread and say"**** he was right".
I'm sorry if this offends some people but in over 70 years of life I have found it best to speak the truth.
The bottom line is guys Wake up to yourselves.
I totaly agree with you .

Status
Not open for further replies.