• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Censor stuff and moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS

Here comes the story of the Murphy ban,
the man the authorities came to blame,
for somethin' that he never done.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been
the champion of the world.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Sorry if it looked like I was suggesting that everyone who disagrees with the warns/bans enjoys breaking rules for the hell of it, because I was trying to suggest (as at the end of the part of my post you quoted) that there are some people who enjoy their times here partially due to the rules not being enforced and, as such, their allowance to break rules. Not because they get a kick out of breaking rules, but because they feel that the rules are not neccessary and should not be there. ie "they simply like to do things that just happen to be against the rules".

As for the inconsistent enforcement, I know that my enforcing of the rules - and quite possibly the other mods enforcement of the rules as of a few days ago - might happen to be inconsistent with the past ways the rules were (or were not) enforced. However, this change was pretty much intentional, hence the hiring of new mods and a lot of discussion between the moderating team as to what the changes should be (ongoing in some areas).

I really am sorry, also, for my lack of good wording. :( I'm on an off day, I suppose. I can barely understand some of the points I'm trying to get across here myself, but I hope the general points are clear enough...

EDIT: Didn't want to make it sound like I'm in charge. As I said in my previous post, this is James place and I'm not going to tell him he's doing anything wrong at all. The only thing I'm doing here is explaining my own actions. Maybe you should join politics too, Smith. Suggesting such things is also a well known political strategy. ;)

I find it amusing that when I thought my words were really struggling, Smith thinks they're manipulative and whatnot. :D
Fair enough, I realise you weren't trying to say that everyone who objects is of the same mindset, just wanted you to acknowledge that there is a fairly large group of occasionally intelligent people who have genuine grievances with the way the forum is run. Cheers for making the effort to reply anyway. This whole thing is highly amusing to me and I'm not really taking it seriously, but it's good to know that the mods are, even if they're misguided, power-crazed, mini Hitlers. ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member

They said you can't call people ****
But Daniel Towns deserves it, the little runt
They said That's it your banned
Dan Towns laughed, the TF went mad

Ooh ooh ooh someones really smart
Ooh ooh ooh complete control, thats a laugh

In the milestones thread Chaulk posted 4k
But couldn't celebrate coz they banned him anyway
At every thread here they was met by the law
Banned for the abuse - banned to make sure!

Ooh ooh ooh have we done something wrong?
Ooh ooh ooh censorship, even over this song

I don't trust you!

All over the news spread fast
They're dirty, they're filthy
They aint gonna last!

This is joe public speaking
Im controlled in the body, controlled in the mind

Total
C-o-n control - that means you!

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
pasag said:

Here comes the story of the Murphy ban,
the man the authorities came to blame,
for somethin' that he never done.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been
the champion of the world.

who thinks Old Jackmcna looks a bit like Dylan ? :D

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nah look. Firstly it's just you. Secondly, you're taking away from the issue at hand. So go be dire somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.