• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Milestones

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, actually.

Just another example of me shamelessly picking on someone who'd done precisely nothing to incite it. :( Only difference here is Rob was pathetically tagging along with me. I'd report the whole matter, if I were you. In fact, no, strike that. Make a thread about it, would be better. Get a few people to jump on your bandwagon.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Posting in here when milestones come up is fine, but people who actually have "goal" postcounts really piss me off tbh.

Why not set your goal at becoming a valued member who posts meaningful and useful points rather than setting your goal at posting ridiculous amounts of utter rubbish and/or needless post-count-upping spam?
I find that people that post when 700, 3100, 400 etc. posts come up need to have a re-think about what a milestone actually is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would actually say the Predictions Forum is more of a post booster than this.
It serves a purpose though. As I said, I have no problem with people posting their milestones here, but when people come in and say "My goal is X posts", it really pisses me off, because it means theyre likely to post just for the sake of it in other threads. Your goal here should be to have fun, enjoy cricket discussions and be a positive influence on the forum - not rack up hundreds of meaningless and annoying posts specifically designed in a postcount++ fashion.

Craig

World Traveller
16,000+ posts of pure quality.

This site would be poorer if I hadn't joined up, because otherwise I would never have told Richard to join me here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Martyn was being intentionally Inzyish, unless I'm much mistaken...
:D

Posting in here when milestones come up is fine, but people who actually have "goal" postcounts really piss me off tbh.

Why not set your goal at becoming a valued member who posts meaningful and useful points rather than setting your goal at posting ridiculous amounts of utter rubbish and/or needless post-count-upping spam?

Completely agree. More posts != better member. Some of the best members do have high psot counts, but equally there are members I can think of offhand, such as Francis, who have low post counts because they don't visit very frequently, but their few hundred posts are worth so much more than someone who has 3000 of crap (like myself).