• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum colours

deckard

U19 Captain
Am i the only one here that doesnt like the forum colours......it too bright and it just looks horrible......but thats my opinion.....can we go back to the green......before it kills my eyes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i said the same thing to some people as well, but im sure we will get used to it, i didnt like the green at first.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by deckard
Am i the only one here that doesnt like the forum colours......it too bright and it just looks horrible......but thats my opinion.....can we go back to the green......before it kills my eyes
Well James won't go back to green as it's not the sites colour anymore however he might change the shade.

But I agree with broncoman on this one, Iam sure we will get use to it, afterall it's not that bad, the only fault I can see with it is that the alternate colours mean that things like the cricket balls when on a white background have a nice blue outline etc

Maybe as on other forums you can have multipule themes loaded and the user can pick the one they want... That way the main one can be this set of colours and those that don't like it could have a different one. Not sure if XBM allow this?

[Edited on 22/9/02 by Rich2001]

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'd prefer to stick with a shade of blue for the default theme guys. What sort of blue would make things easier for you?

Maybe as on other forums you can have multipule themes loaded and the user can pick the one they want... That way the main one can be this set of colours and those that don't like it could have a different one. Not sure if XBM allow this?
Yes, this is something that can be done and I'll definately be loading multiple themes in time. :)

I can see with it is that the alternate colours mean that things like the cricket balls when on a white background have a nice blue outline etc
All the forum graphics, etc will be improved on by Anthony when he gets the chance :)

Stay tuned guys, further changes are coming for the forum :)

[Edited on 22/9/2002 by James]

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Paid The Umpire
Themes are cool. 8D

I'd love themes, although this is alot easier on the eyes than previous green.

THEMES ARE GROOVY!
Any chance you like themes mate ?

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
I think....

You can make it all blue and single coloured only. Remove the white patches. It will look great.

The current blue is okay but the white patches don't look good.:(!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
good work james, everyone appreciates the work you put in here.
I really like the look of the forum now that its all blue.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the kind words broncoman - appreciated :)

I'll be making more changes to the forum tonight hopefully.

A few more things to fix up :rolleyes:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
One thing i dont quite like is the colour when you post the whole background colour is the same , in the place where i post , i like it to be something different for the background in the message box .. a different shade perhaps ?

deckard

U19 Captain
Its a lot better now since you got rid of the white. Apart from that the rest of the rest of the forum is good......i especially like all the new formating code and stuff for when you are posting......it makes things a lot easier.