• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who actually uses cricket web?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
I am wondering if anyone actually uses the actual cricket web website.

I certainly don't. The only reason I visit it is to get to the forum.

Others may use it though and I ask those that do to explain what they use it for.

So do you guys use it or not?
The vast majority of my visits to the site are to use the forums. I do read match-reports occasionally if I'm really interested in the match and I haven't seen it; whenever Dave Lewis writes an article I make sure I read it; but apart from that, no, I don't use the site a tremendous amount.
Got chastised for it, too, and quite rightly
Unbecoming conduct for a wannabe Staff Member.

Last edited:

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I do read the other stuff on Cricket Web but very rarely and probably wouldn't ever visit Cricket Web if it wasn't for the forum

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
LongHopCassidy said:
It's not all about the forum, you know - there are excellent player profiles, detailed match reports, and a comprehensive downloads centre (plus more besides). :)
Thanks mate :)

I definately advocate reading of the match reports etc.. i thought it would be convenient to visit the frontpage to catch up on the lastest news and anything you've missed, before you jump in the forum.

But again like Sudeep, i write for the frontpage too, so im impartial obviously :)

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
broncoman said:
i only use it for the forum, very occasionally for a download, but never read the website and the stories etc...
Just wondering your reasons for not reading the website or the stories etc?

Blaze

Banned
AndrewM said:
Just wondering your reasons for not reading the website or the stories etc?

There is no point when (no offence) there are profesional people who write for a living and have stories up just after they break.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Blaze said:
There is no point when (no offence) there are profesional people who write for a living and have stories up just after they break.
Fair point mate (and none taken).

Is it mainly a creditability issue though?

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
AndrewM said:
Fair point mate (and none taken). But still, i'd like to think our best efforts don't go in vain...

Is it mainly a creditability issue though?

I suppose. I do read the articles if they are up to date and haven't read anything on the issue prior to seeing it on cricketweb.

I realise that a lot of effort goes into the writing of the articles and that they are really good articles because there are some superb writers writing for the site.

in fact at one stage I was on a trial period with cricket web and have actually written some profiles for the site but I just couldn't do justice to the site with my work load and other priorites took presedence

Craig

World Traveller
I use it because as you can see, I update a lot of the profiles, upload photos etc. so I use it to make sure everything is correct and that I have done a good job.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I read the match reports, don't bother much with the profiles and so on, but the match reports are good because I like to get different perspectives on the matches I don't see, and in all honesty they are sometimes much better than what you get on cricinfo.

Craig

World Traveller
For those who look at the profiles, what do you think of the new player poll feature I/we are adding to this site?

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good on you, guys.

As you probably know, an awful lot of work goes into CW from a lot of people, and every now and again it's nice to know that it gets read.

Waughney

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
I read the match reports, don't bother much with the profiles and so on, but the match reports are good because I like to get different perspectives on the matches I don't see, and in all honesty they are sometimes much better than what you get on cricinfo.
I think a lot of us write the match reports chronologically, the cricinfo ones are sometimes all over the place.