• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Incentive To Behave (don't laugh)

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
This is just a thought.

It appears to me that to some people, their post count is their pride and joy.

So if they treasure it so much, why not reset troublemaker's post counts as well as the usual seven-day ban?

Once again, just a thought.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LongHopCassidy said:
This is just a thought.

It appears to me that to some people, their post count is their pride and joy.

So if they treasure it so much, why not reset troublemaker's post counts as well as the usual seven-day ban?

Once again, just a thought.

What do you think?
not a bad idea at all.

Loony BoB

International Captain
We actually disabled postcounts altogether at a large forum I admin at. It has it's pros and cons. Decrease in double/triple/etc. posts and a decrease in topics that don't really have any real purpose, but also a decrease in general activity. It all depends on what you're after - quality or quantity. However, having said that, moderators can moderate quality as they like with or without postcounts.

Personally, I generally don't care either way at EoFF (the forum I spoke of) but over here I think it's a more casual board and I don't see the postcounts causing any major problems. I'm more talking about posts such as...

+1 postcount!
First post on the new page!
When you get a few members that are incapable of adding to conversation, it's annoying - especially the first two quotes. Stupid.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The people with over 2,000 tend to be serious cricket fans who are contributing well to the boards.. You don't post thousands of times just to boost a number up.. Post boosters tend to be the bored fakers who get concerned over a couple of hundred or something

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
The people with over 2,000 tend to be serious cricket fans who are contributing well to the boards.. You don't post thousands of times just to boost a number up.. Post boosters tend to be the bored fakers who get concerned over a couple of hundred or something
Well said.