• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Nemesis27

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Precisely. Cricket is elitist and old-fashioned enough as it is. To just exclude nations from playing simply because it's obvious beforehand that they're not good enough would be ludicrous and totally out of line with every other global sport.

Sure, the chances of Bermuda beating England are close to zero, but that's what happens in any other World Cup in any other sport as well. Don't go moaning about it, accept it and enjoy the little battles won by the minnows. India 204ao against The Netherlands in the 2003 WC is still one of my all-time favourite games of cricket. It doesn't really matter that the Dutch made only 130-odd in reply.
I would have Bermuda as favourites if those two teams were to verse, personally. Surely you could of used a better example than England :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
there is its a tournament to get the top 6 out of the 97 you know...
"Top" is something of a joke description.
uh yes it can and two the better a team gets the more fans they get...and i don't think kenya beating sri lanka in the super 6 was a dead game...may be i am wrong...:laugh:
Err, no. If there is no cricket culture (which there never has been in Kenya), a team won't get a fan-base. What has the SL-Ken game being live to do with anything?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
ah thats why you see pictures of schools going to ken for keyna when it was played at their home. err err err how is the "top" a joke err they are the best team out of the rest so it is top of the rest whats so hard to get?

Natman20

International Debutant
Kenya should replace Zimbabwe in International cricket although their old players are near retiremen, are they not?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Err, what?
you see schools going to their games right now in wcl

"The best of the rest" is certainly not a "top" team.
its not saying top team out of all its saying top team out of the rest...its called ICC HPP countries and you asked what HPP was and some said the top of associates ...so you can be quiet now

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
you see schooling going to their games right now in wcl
Eh? Schooling?
its not saying top team out of all its saying top team out of the rest...its called ICC HPP countries and you asked what HPP was and some said the top of associates ...so you can be quite now
Be quite what, exactly? Quite clever? Yes. Quite informed about cricket? That, too.

Using the terms "top" and "high performance" in terms of such teams is laughable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best only post in the history of CW.
A controversial one that, seeing as it was editted from a post which then appeared a few minutes later as:

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=883790&postcount=731
Actually, my vote's now on this.

Or maybe this.
:lol: they're both great
No, we now definitively have a winner! :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We now await to see if it remains an only post...

And I still think that DTFR forum post is better!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No offence here but is there any chance you could change that avatar? It's just that M Burns is, well, tec's avatar, and it just doesn't seem right (as well as being confusing) for anyone else to have it. :huh:

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
I won't mind, but how do I do that, I looked all over, may be a spot that I am missin...Please do let me know. Appretiated..Thankz :unsure: