• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff Greens.
Absolutely awesome show from Malone, and good support from Goff and the captain. Hoy and Rose both took wickets economically, and I got Sean out :D

Hoggy31

International Captain
Disappointing Reds, considering the strong position we were in to make the OD final if not the 5d one. Oh well, lets just finish the season off with some wins and come back next season stronger than ever.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
that really is depressing, reds, but like hoggy said, lets regroup, finish on a winning note, and come back stronger than ever.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good win Greens. Brilliant batting there from the skipper and Malone. Good bowling also by Hoy and myself. Look like I'm finidng some form. Totally awesome.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Liam ya dead right :) lol alot of results need to fall our way if we are to get that final spot now. But we are still confident. Looks like the final 2 days of the season will be absolutly cruscial for the OD form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CW Oval

Fantastic rearguard batting from the Blue top order helped achieve a hard fought draw at the Oval. In a game that Blue needed substantial points, Fitzsimmons and Young partnered for 178 second innings runs at the top of the order, going great distance to erase a first innings deficit of 195.

A declaration left Red needings a near-impossible 161 runs from 16 overs, and Travis Demeza livened up proceedings with a fantastic 5-wicket haul.

The Reds dominated the game for the most part, inserting Blue and restricting them 255 on first innings, despite another century from Fitzsimmons. Dobson and Markus then scored hundreds, and CW Red surged totally ahead.

Painstakingly watchful batting from Fitzsimmons and Young slowly reinstated hope in the Blue camp, and rain late on day four also helped the cause nicely.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 255 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 450 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 355 for 4 dec.
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 50 for 5
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: SG Fitzsimmons

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the Bellerive Oval

The Colts surprised Green, defeating the 5D frontrunners by 6 wickets at the Bellerive Oval. The Greens batted first, and moved easily to 120/1, but Hancock tore through the middle order, leaving Garven to attempt recovery - 236 all out.

OJ Cook then made a quality return to the Colts lineup and only just missed his second century of the season. Mamesh and Malthus-Howell also made significant scores, with the latter batting crucially with the lower order.

Down by 66 runs on first innings, the Greens progressed smoothly once more, reaching 44/0. McNamara spun through first, dismissing Lezama, then Hancock struck twice quickly to impose himself once more. He returned to dismiss innings topscorer, Rob Malone, and Kyle Wright took 4 wickets to wrap up the tail.

Green dismissed for a paltry 137, the Colts set out to chase 72 for victory. Nathan Hoy bowled beautifully to set the game alight - 39/4 - but Towns and Malthus-Howell hung in to prevent any further drama.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 236 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 302 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 137 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 73 for 4
Cricket Web Colts won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: NR Hancock

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bah, apologies for an atrocious effort with bat and ball from me. A slightly disappointing performance all up, but a great double from Simon and a brilliant spell from Travis gave us some hope towards the end. Very good rearguard batting effort in the second innings to at least secure the draw, which was important in the end with Green going down. Presumably we've pretty much booked a finals spot, just a matter of making sure we hit our best form on the day (or five). :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A draw isn't ideal, but under the circumstances I suppose it isn't too bad. Poor game from me, but great stuff again from Simon (pushing for the run scoring title again?) and also from Pete and Trav.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Disappointed with my score, but enthralled by the team, particularly the bowling. Brilliant, all quality stuff. Very happy to see Cook take his form from CW Black and put it to good use upon return, and great stuff by Howler and Mamesh, too. Mamesh surely one of the most consistent batsmen this season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulations to Simon Fitzsimmons for becoming the 2nd CW player to pass 10,000 career runs. He did so with his century against the Reds, and took a total of 266 innings to get there.