• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Sean Bennett pounded his fist in the air, as he reached a maiden OD hundred amidst a record opening stand of 189 for the first wicket.
WAHOOO!!!!

and then, what's more, Reds won.
GO REDS!!!!!

Here's another "Oi, Pickup!" moment, though:

Code:
S Jasotharan  b SA Bennett  [B] 0[/B]
Balls 1   [B]Fours 1[/B]   Sixes 0

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Howzat One Day Internationals.

It's a very good sim in general, but does have these minor flaws. It should be sufficient until Neil's arrives though. Neil's sim will, naturally, be flawless.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
lol now that youve said that Neil better make it live up to expectation :)

P.S Liam have u read my posts in the stats thread. I was wondering if i could get updated stats for all forms of the game, as i fell a few games behind this season and missed all ODI that i played (total of about 2 i think lol) but still if possible could i see all updated forms for myself.

cheers

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Argh. We`ve had better. A rollocking start by their batsmen certainly made it difficult, I blame our opening bowlers. Well done to Callum on your first 100 though, great effort.

Well batted Alex, and I guess that`s a good knock for you too Fitzy. =P Let`s put in a bigger effort for next game. But in the meantime...

I HIT A SIX!!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Uh, well, obviously Adam got the 4 off a no ball

The sim said:
CM Broadbent to AAA Collins: No Ball: 4 runs
CM Broadbent to AAA Collins: OUT!
-----------------------
AAA Collins b CM Broadbent 4
Balls 1 Fours 1 Sixes 0
-----------------------
But the Jasotharan thing, look, who knows..

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Uh, well, obviously Adam got the 4 off a no ball

But the Jasotharan thing, look, who knows..
The point is that it should still say I faced two balls, even if it was a no-ball. Only wides don't count to the batsman's tally.

cameeel

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

CW Red 242/8 (50 overs)
CW Colts 233/6 (50 overs)

CW Red won by 9 runs
Man of the Match: SA Bennett
This is the last Colts match that i know of

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bad luck there Colts. After fighting back and restricting the Reds to a gettable total we really should have won that match. Our batting needs to improve very soon.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Blue
at the Bellerive Oval

Greg Thomas bowled with all his heart, but couldn't prevent Blue victory in a close affair at the Bellerive Oval. Thomas took 8 wickets in the first innings and 11 in the match, but Sean Fuller's 8 wickets in the match and two solid innings at the top of the order proved more crucial in the end.

Tom Halsey and Adam Collins were left pushing toward the victory target of 192 in the end, with an unbroken stand of 25.

The game was well-contested throughout, as Daniel Towns second innings knock set up a dramatic finish. Stranded once again in the 90s, Towns held the innings together to set a reasonable target. He was supported by a defiant half-century from Brown, mixing counterattack with watchful batting.

Fitzsimmons was run out without scoring, and game on.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 101 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 162 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 252 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 195 for 7
Cricket Web Blue won by 3 wkts.

Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the SCG

A dramatic collapse by the Blacks in their second innings scripted a hard-fought win for Red at the SCG. Ash Chaulk blazed a brilliant century in the Black first innings, setting a competitive total of 286, and Dauth fell just short of his ton for the Reds, as there were just 42 runs between the teams.

The Blacks settled in to grind out a big score in their second innings, but were met with nagging bowling from the Red attack. A decisive haul of 4 wickets from Richard Edmunds shattered the Black dreams, and the efforts of Josy and Richards weren't sufficiently supported - Black 138 all out.

Set a target of just 181 runs, the Reds were struggling at 43/4, but the determination of Kartik Iyer and Jamee Gray was admirable, and Zafar Mohammed was joined by Sean Bennett to finish the job.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 286 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 244 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 138 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 181 for 6
Cricket Web Red won by 4 wkts.

Attachments

Last edited: