• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

dinu23

International Debutant
that was a close game guys. luck wasn't with us in the end. I really should've carried on.

oh! and good luck to Simon and Travis.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Another close game we should have won, but we can still wiuth with it being so close. I seem to be repeating myself from last season, ok in OD, but absolutely useless in FC.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I gotta say, Demeza, your OD average this season isn't too bad for a #11. Our good friend Nathan Patrick on the other hand... :D Well, at least he survives half the balls he faces.

Don

State Vice-Captain
good work feeny and resh.good to see that some players are listening to my ranting.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
I gotta say, Demeza, your OD average this season isn't too bad for a #11. Our good friend Nathan Patrick on the other hand... :D Well, at least he survives half the balls he faces.
"surviving" is over rated ;)

Dydl

International Debutant
Good win, Blacks...Can't say I contributed much. Didn't bat, didn't bowl, didn't take any catches..

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Dydl said:
Good win, Blacks...Can't say I contributed much. Didn't bat, didn't bowl, didn't take any catches..
The point is you were there! You might have made a good stop or something...... :D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The following players have been selected to an Invitational XI to play a 3-day game against England on the 5th:

A Feeney (Green)
SG Fitzsimmons (Blue)
T Mamesh (Colts)
* DP Towns (Colts)
MW Wilson (Black)
+ AP Chaulk (Black)
BC Cunningham (Green)
TV Weber (Green)
XPA Rose (Green)
DJ Watt (Red)
TJ Demeza (Blue)

12th Man: SA Bennett (Red)

Nice one Mamesh and Towns! :)

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:
Disappointing to lose both our matches in the most recent set of ODers. Lots of work to do still in the second half of the season.

Still, it's tight up the top. Only 1 win off the top spot

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Green players will certainly not be relaxing we are having a double training session to try and sort out some form issues.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Green
at the SCG

Alex Blackman was left stranded short of another FC hundred, as Black crumbled to an innings defeat against a resurgent Green team. Responding to Green's total of 449, the Blacks could manage only 240 and 177.

The margin of defeat was scheduled to be even worse, as Callum Thompson's blinding rear-guard hundred took the first innings score almost single-handedly from 144/9 to 240 all out. An incisive spell from Xavier Rose then ensured that any stemming of Green momentum was denied. The Cricket Web XI seamer claimed the first 4 wickets to fall, and there was never much of a recovery.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 449 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 240 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings Following On 177 all out
Cricket Web Green won by an Innings and 32 runs.

Man of the Match: BC Cunningham

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

The tail fell apart for Red, as they just couldn't hang on in the end, falling to defeat within the last half-an-hour against the Colts.

Colts skipper Daniel Towns continued his fine form, and scored a good half-century to help push his team to 377. The first innings revival came from 91/3 and allowed pressure to be placed on the home side. In turn, the Reds collapsed from a healthy position of 146/2 to 239 all out. Thomas took his first 5-wicket haul to spearhead the charge.

In the second innings, Jasotharan played a typically breezy hand, and Nick Hancock got to his second unbeaten half-century of the match, amidst a score of 340 all out. The target of 479 was always well beyond the reaches of Red, but a determined partnership between Ian Markus and Rich Langley went close to saving a precious drawn result. Alas, Thomas intervened once more.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 377 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 239 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 340 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 298 all out
Cricket Web Colts won by 180 runs.

Man of the Match: GM Thomas

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lezama To Miss 1 Game

Green 'keeper Anthony Lezama will miss the next game day, after stubbing his finger whilst doing kitchen-related activities.