• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
And fining someone else out of MY match fee is really professional from the CWBCC. It's human nature to be upset to be fined the first time, but I admit i deserved it. It's a ****ing disgrace that the rest of my match fee gets taken off me because of what Gareth said. I didn't force him to say that. He's not my puppet and I don't have my hand up his back. So why the ****adoodledoo punish me? The CWBCC is being unfair in its treatment of me.
Sean, has the message not gotten through yet? Let me clarify. Less profanity. No profanity. It's really not that hard. Show some self control.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
So, Liam, are you going to address any of that or do you just want me to post some more profanities so you can slap my wrist again?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Some points...

1. Gooljar doesn't get paid, so there is no match fee to fine.
2. If you're threatening to continue to use profanity against me or the CWBCC then go right ahead. I can't do anything about the two regular season games you'll be injured for, but trust that you will be suspended.
3. Life's a beach. Why so uptight?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1. Gooljar doesn't get paid, so there is no match fee to fine.
:laugh:

...but that's still no reason to fine me
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
2. If you're threatening to continue to use profanity against me or the CWBCC then go right ahead. I can't do anything about the two regular season games you'll be injured for, but trust that you will be suspended.
I'm not threatening. It just seemed you only took notice of the swear words I posted.
Mr Mblahblahblah etc. said:
3. Life's a beach. Why so uptight?
The whole thing just seems stupid and unfair. You aim to be as realistic as possible, yet, would you see the ICC fine Habibul Bashar for something Simon Katich said? Of course not! So why does the CWBCC do similar?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
What a 5D debut.

I think that for me, a 70 and an 80 was better than a 100 and 10 or what not.

In form now :)

Team, we didn't play too badly, but we lost, never good, but not full strength.

GO REDS!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Brilliant game by Willo there. First innings was poor, but happy to get my first decent score in the practice matches, even if I couldn't crack the ton.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nice win for the team, and again pleased with my own performance and I hope I can continue it into the season proper. Some encouraging bowling too.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Good for the second string to get some game time and some wickets, should put some of these young'uns in their place following their opening two wins. It's not as easy as it looks!

Good début for Izquierdo, but very disappointed to let the Colts lower order back into the game having had them 43-4 - not professional enough - good to see the last six fall for 61 second time around.

Incidentally, Sean, you've a long way to go before you match the extent of the fines I've suffered. I think the entire indoor school on the outskirts of the CW Oval was built with my match fees. And Test/ODI match fees are bigger :p

Blacks to play Blues in final OD Warmup
Simon Jones
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Chris Butler
David Kearsley
Mike Wilson
Darren Dubb Lynch
Johann Izquierdo
Gareth Gooljar
David Richards (vc)
Sam Gough
Neil Pickup (c)

12: Alex Blackman
13: Chris Broadbent

Everyone getting at least two games in pre-season - not the strongest side we'll ever name, but it suits the purpose.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Blue OD XIII

LA Camps (c)
RGEWS Cribb
MW DeSilva
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller
A Crampton (wk)
MJC Currie
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza

12th Man: SG Fitzsimmons
13th Man: SC Popat

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
I'm not threatening. It just seemed you only took notice of the swear words I posted.
Oddly enough Sean, it's because of who it was directed at. (Bingo!)
steds said:
The whole thing just seems stupid and unfair. You aim to be as realistic as possible, yet, would you see the ICC fine Habibul Bashar for something Simon Katich said? Of course not! So why does the CWBCC do similar?
Do we have any match fee system Sean? If I was really punishing you, don't you think you would be suspended? Sensible now...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Final OD Warmups

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Black
at the SCG

CW Blue 275/7 (50 overs)
CW Black 166 ao (40.2 overs)

CW Blue won by 109 runs
Man of the Match: BL Wilshere

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

CW Colts 293/4 (50 overs)
CW Red 277/5 (50 overs)

CW Colts won by 16 runs
Man of the Match: NR Hancock

Cricket Web Green vs Bangladesh XI
at the CWBCC Stadium

Bangladesh XI 243/9 (50 overs)
CW Green 218 ao (42 overs)

Bangladesh XI won by 25 runs
Man of the Match: Javed Omar

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. Top game. Top innings' from Dauth and Markus. Out undoing proved to be in the field in the first 10 overs (62 runs conceded) and especially the last 10 overs (95 runs conceded)

Huge amount of room for improvement with the death bowling, lads.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeaaah! Good win Colts :) Hancock unlucky to miss out on 100 though...but still a very good performance by our batters! :)