• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIII Discussion and Results

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And Smith, being the runt that he is, failed twice anyway.
Well I shouldn't be at 4, imo. Stedders to get a run there next. Want to open again.

Short memory. I was one of the first people to endorse him as CW Black captain.
Listed it as your biggest regret in your will IIRC.

In any case, good to win over Colts, especially since it was our bowling that carried us home. Well done to Dav especially. Might be moving myself back to where I'm comfortable.

pasag

RTDAS
Nice win but my form with the ball was far from convincing. Not sure I can do any better than that either :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Welcome to the "CW Black pacers who keep it tight" club. There's a few of us. :D

Top work by Richo.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Whilst Im thoroughly disappointed with the loss... I must point out that, personally, thats my best overall performance ever :mellow: pity about not taking us there in the second innings, but I think we're really starting to send the message that we are threatenin for the title this year!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Liam, just been updating the FC table but can't finish it off as the BBB's for the 8th of feb games aren't working in the quick link thread.

If ya could email or fix, that'd be sweet. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liam, just been updating the FC table but can't finish it off as the BBB's for the 8th of feb games aren't working in the quick link thread.

If ya could email or fix, that'd be sweet. :)
Just change the .txt to .TXT and it should be fine.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
All captains pay close attention.

INACTIVITY ANNOUNCEMENT.

The thread is hosted in the Players' Association forum to prevent further clutter in the Dev League forum.
That is such a poor rule !! Why must players feel abliged to post daily? All that ever gets said is 'good game' or 'I'm happy with my performance', 'Go green' and all that!
I seriously think you should reconsider this oppresive ruling.

DCC_legend

International Regular
That is such a poor rule !! Why must players feel abliged to post daily? All that ever gets said is 'good game' or 'I'm happy with my performance', 'Go green' and all that!
I seriously think you should reconsider this oppresive ruling.
How hard is it to come online for 5/10 minutes a day and post 'go green' or 'good game'? Seriously though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Wednesday 13th February

Cricket Web Green v Masters XI
CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The Cricket Web Green top order again fired to hastily overhaul their target, after the bowlers fired to knock over the Masters XI for 143. The runs flowed off the wide blade of Nick Scott; though he only hit two fours and a six, he scored 63 off only 62 balls.

The season continues to move along swiftly for Xavier Rose, back to the potency of his youth and taking two wickets in a fiery opening spell. Among his haul he numbered Brian Lara, pushing a ball outside his offstump and caught behind for 1. After his demise Damien Martyn (31) and Wavell Hinds (36) put on 51 - the best partnership of the match - but neither pushed on with their starts and instead perished to the CW Green spinners. Tom Halsey was the early aggressor with two wickets, but Paddy Gundry tore through the middle and lower order after settling. His Man of Match worthy haul of 5-34 was central to the demolition of the visitors for 143.

Few demons were in the pitch, and CW Green set out to make sure that much remained obvious. The openers put on 97 within 18 overs, and even after Rob Malone jr. was out for 46, Ben Read settled in comfortably with 25 not out. CW Green won by 9 wickets with 23.5 overs to spare.

Masters XI innings 143 (32.5 overs)
WW Hinds 36 (57), DR Martyn 30 (32)
PG Gundry 5-34 (7.5), XPA Rose 2-23 (7)

Cricket Web Green innings 144-1 (26.1 overs)
NG Scott 63* (62), R Malone 46 (63), BS Read 25* (32)
L Klusener 1-32 (5)

Cricket Web Green won by 9 wickets.
Man of the Match: PG Gundry (Green)

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Blue
CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

A fighting 94 not out from Sean Bennett gave Cricket Web Red some measure of pride and respectability, but Cricket Web Blue were by the better on show in a 69-run win. Again the CW Red bowlers struggled, but it was another top order failure that truly derailed their challenge on a good pitch.

Dave Watt was the pick of the bowlers, though he went wicketless through his 10 overs, as CW Blue surged to 316-5. The groundwork was done by Sean Fuller (61) and stand-in captain Dinu DeSilva (65), as both put on 79 after an opening stand of 67. The Blues cruised along at close to 6 per over for most of their innings. Much of the good work in the middle order was down to the brilliance of Stephen Young, striking 3 sixes in an innings of 79 off 57 balls. Known for his solid defensive play, Young broke free with some stunning improvisation. At the tail end of the innings Alex Crampton also showed a good eye with a quick 22.

In the opening over of the CW Red reply, Jamee Gray played a full blooded drive to the boundary to excite the crowd. A ball later he attempted the shot again, but nicked through the Crampton behind the stumps. It was the first of a brace of wickets to Camps, and the top order was quickly unraveled 40-4. The fifth wicket cost 81 runs until the demise of Zac Ritchie, caught in the deep slogging Adam Collins. Whatever respect was to be gained by CW Red then was at the will of Bennett. He acquitted himself exceptionally, but could not on his own meet the demands of the chase. With support from the lower order he could only elevate the total to 247-8 when the overs ran out.

Cricket Web Blue innings 316-5 (50 overs)
S Young 79 (57), MW DeSilva 65 (69), SE Fuller 61 (73)
KR Clapham 3-77 (10)

Cricket Web Red innings 247-8 (50 overs)
SA Bennett 94* (125), ZJ Ritchie 39 (40), CP Thompson 25 (25)
LA Camps 4-48 (10)

Cricket Web Blue won by 69 runs.
Man of the Match: S Young (Blue)

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Though not quite with the same epic value, Cricket Web Black again rose to the challenge against Cricket Web Colts, posting a huge total and defending it with ease.

The last time James Stedman and Ash Chaulk took guard against the Colts in a one-day match, they put on 207 runs for the first wickets, taking just 27 overs to do so. The second time around they posted another double hundred partnership, sluggishly beating their previous record in the 36th over. Both batsmen raced past century milestones and closed in on 300 when the Colts finally broke through. With 139 to his name, Stedman picked out Fitzsimmons at long-on with a tired slog against Tarick Weber. Andrew Cloete entered at 291-1 and he put on 31 runs with Chaulk before the innings closed. The Colts bowlers improved significantly in the final exchanges, limiting CW Black to 322-1. Chaulk left the field to a huge ovation and with 142 and 3 sixes to his name.

The Colts needed quick runs against the new ball, and even against the pedigree of Kev Gough and Kexing Su, they managed to get off the mark quickly. Griffen was first out, caught-and-bowled by Blake Donald for 22, breaking a partnership of 69. Two balls later Will Kerr nicked to slip and the Blacks were right back on top. Shan Jasotharan remained at the crease to score 53, amazingly without a boundary, then he misjudged a Neil Pickup slider and was adjudged lbw. Aside from Jennifer Law, determined with 41 off 61 balls, there was little else in a disappointing innings of 231.

Cricket Web Black innings 322-1 (50 overs)
AP Chaulk 142* (135), JE Stedman 139 (146)
TV Weber 1-60 (10)

Cricket Web Colts 231 (45.5 overs)
S Jasotharan 53 (68), JA Law 41 (61)
DP Smith 3-40 (9), NS Pickup 3-46 (9)

Cricket Web Black won by 91 runs.
Man of the Match: AP Chaulk (Black)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Injury Update

In a totally unrelated incident to the strip club scandal the past weekend, Cricket Web Blue captain Travis Demeza has suffered a strained neck and will miss 2 games.