• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

W.G. never wore a box...

neville cardus

International Debutant
...although he made dead-sure that the accident-prone Croome did before facing up to Tom Richardson.

Interesting, no?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For much of his career he was probably so good he was never likely to get hit there.

Bradman never wore a chest-pad either, even in Bodyline.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Common sense to wear a box really, even if you're good enough that it's unlikely you'll get it there. Madness not to wear one.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Chest pads are for sissies, Carl Hooper didn't even wear a thig pad

Yeah I don't wear a thigh pad either. I just find it so uncomfortable , each week I normally get one nice bruise on my thigh though.

Josh

International Regular
I never wore a thigh pad up until 2 seasons ago when I got hit 11 times in one match, 4 in one over

Yeh, I'm not a batsman.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I didn't wear a thigh pad either until this season when I began to get repeatedly hit in the nets and have a chronically bruised thigh.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never wore a thigh pad up until 2 seasons ago when I got hit 11 times in one match, 4 in one over

Yeh, I'm not a batsman.
I never wear one tbh. Have been hit once or twice in the nets, but nothing bad. Then again, I'm never in there for very long.

BomasticBushkin

Cricket Spectator
I don't wear a thigh pad, or a forearm pad... all i need is a helmet, gloves, and leg pads. I'll usually wear a cup (or as you people call it, a box) when I'm batting, don't need accidents.

when I'm wicket keeping though, you won't find me without a cup. Take away my gloves and pads, but please leave the cup.