• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

ash chaulk

International Captain
SKIPPER OVERBOARD

CW Black's young captain Dan Smith was recently caught up in a drinking rampage through the streets of Hobart. This rampage has lead to Smith being sent to the US for alcohol rehabilitation to sort out his problems. Club Spokeswoman Agnus Barber and also secret mother of new CW Black squad member Arnold has announced that the club has given him Seven (7) days to get over his addiction to his rampages and will hope that he comes back fresh and ready for the new season.

Reports coming out of hobart say that Smith and fellow CW Players Nick Borcich and a visiting Jack McNamara were on a pub crawl to mark the end of pre season trip to Australia when Smithy started going out of control. The most outrageous story which is still evolving tells us that Smith stole a boat by himself and has become overboard and needed to be rescued. Word has it a masked man going by the name of Brett Riglands has his saviour and Smith owes that man alot.

As for the Blacks camp they are all back in training in Pickford and keeping there eyes on the real prize whilist Smith gets himself back to health.

Ash Chaulk has taken over captaincy for the seven days but has announced that nothing out of the ordinary has been planned except that "rookie bashings" will be allowed while he is at the helm. They will also carry senior members kit bags and fetch drink bottles upon request.

ARTHUR.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
RETIREMENT SHOCK!

In a shock announcement today, CW XI Skipper Brendon Goff has announced his immediate retirement from ALL forms of cricket.

Goff who has been in the CW system since its inception decided it was time to stand aside and spend more quality time with his young family.
"Its been on my mind for a while now and i think the time is right." Goff told a packed media conference today.

When asked whether he would be back in the system in any other capacity Goff clearly stated this was the end, "I've been in the system for a long time now and i feel its time to make a change, My Family and I will be returning to Australia to set up a new life".

Goff however was clear in his praise for the CW system, "This system has come along way in a short space of time, and its a credit to the people who run the show, and the system that is in place".

Asked about his greatest career moment, Goff did not hesitate, "without doubt my greatest career moment is captaining the national team to the World Cup final, but that is also one of the lowest days of my career, to get to the final and lose".

Goff exited his last press conference to a standing ovation.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
And there goes the Test side back to Bangladesh-levels again...

Nah, you've had a fair innings and it's up to you when to quit. The best captain Cricket Web have had, and a player who always stood up when it counted. 61 Tests and 113 ODIs, 8,504 international runs - respect.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wow, didn't see that coming, really. It's been a pleasure to play alongside you and, on an international and domestic level, be on the same panel as yourself over the past seasons, Goffy.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Will you at least be available for the game being simmed today, for the sake of a last game in front of the fans? Would be good for them to see you out considering CW Blue are playing a home game. No fan likes to see a player go without a chance for them to say goodbye, particularly a national captain.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Will you at least be available for the game being simmed today, for the sake of a last game in front of the fans? Would be good for them to see you out considering CW Blue are playing a home game. No fan likes to see a player go without a chance for them to say goodbye, particularly a national captain.
Ok last game today...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge blow for Cricket Web XI and Cricket Web Blue cricket, but like Lara, I suppose the time has come. Undoubtedly the tributes will flow in. I'll release your full captaincy stats at some point over the next day or so. I have them in a file somewhere.

Great knock. Raise your bat and take a bow. Onto the PDV Dome then...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad to see you go Blewy, but the decision is understandable.

You've been a great servant to Cricket Web cricket and the Blues.

Congratulations on a fantastic career.