• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s Tour of Asia

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Pakistan U/19 vs Cricket Web U/19, Second Test played at Multan

Currie Ruins Pakistan's Day

In another frightfully low scoring encounter, Matt Currie took the Cricket Web U/19 team over the line with amazing figures of 8 for 63 to bowl the Pakistan team out 36 runs short of victory.
Currie bowled solid from one end, after being second change, and took wickets at a constant rate before demolishing the woeful Pakistan tail. Pakistan chasing 168 were all out for 132 with opener Nasir Jamshed top scoring with just 32.

The match began with Thamba Mamesh winning the toss and electing to bat. The Cricket Web team put on a solid 234 first innings total with another decent 44 run opening stand between captain Mamesh and Luff. Luff, Ritchie, Jasotharan and Burke all made it into the 30's and were dismissed once set. Showing that the Pakistan bowling were always there or there abouts.

Pakistan in reply made 145, somehow, with a lone innings of 68 from Riaz Kail. Opening bowlers Goughy and Cameron were once again the pick of the bunch for the Cricket Webbers, sharing 3 a piece.

Second time around the Cricket Webbers could not put up any resilience with the bat, folding for a mere 79 runs and making a match of it for the Pakistani's. The wickets were evenly shared and Shan Jasotharan was the only light for the Cricket Web team as he belted 21 from only 9 balls, showing glimpses of his selection in the under nineteen team over time.

Defending just 168 the Cricket Webbers always knew the Pakistan batting was abysmal at best and always knew they were in with a sniff. A 40 run opening partnership between Nasir Jamshed and Ali Khan caused concern within the CW camp .... enter Matt Currie. Currie was the second Cricket Web player to take ten'fa in a match, equalling Kev Goughy's effort in the first test.

Man of the Match: Matt Currie [ 10 for 128 ]

Cricket Web now hope to clean sweep the series against Pakistan with a victory in Lahore, whilst the Pakistan team wish they had better batting technique.

Attachments

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
That's two starts I havent converted. grrrrr. On the team front im very happy to see us win but I think it's worth pointing out that our marginally better batting is what is getting us over the line.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good to see all the boys doing well here, hopefully we can maintain a clear record by beating them in the next match. Goodluck fellaz and Well played CW!!

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoping for a selection in the coming matches after being dropped in the one dayers.

Time for me to make runs from five or six.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good bowling by Currie and another great result.

Happy with my own effort in the 2nd innings after 3 sticks in the 1st.

15 overs 1 for 15. Ha, economy isnt usually my strong point.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cricket Web Make Changes, Pakistan Battle On

The Cricket Web U/19 selection panel have decided to rotate some players in for the final, dead rubber, test versus Pakistan. Scott, Pitt, Dwyer, Dunn and Reddlapalli come into the team to rest Mamesh, Jasotharan, Currie, Goughy and Hancock.

The Pakistan team remain unchanged, hoping to get some respect out of the last test.

Pakistan Third Test XI

Nasir Jamshed
Ali Khan
Mohammad Ibrahim
Rameez Raja
Ali Asad
Riaz Kail
Sarfraz Ahmed (c) (+)
Imad Wasim
Anwar Ali
Jamshed Ahmed
Akhtar Ayub

Usman Malik (12th man)

Cricket Web Third Test XI

M Luff
J Malthus-Howell
N Dravid
Z Ritchie
N Scott
M Pitt
C Dwyer
S Burke (+)
M Reddlapalli
A Cameron (c)
K Goughy

M Currie (12th man)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Pakistan U/19 vs Cricket Web U/19, Third Test played at Lahore

Cricket Web Clean Sweep,.. Just

More dominance with the ball from both teams saw two innings fail to reach the 100 mark. Pakistan won the toss and batted first after Andy Cameron was deemed unfit to play with a stomach virus. The Pakistani's knocked up a decent 165, by their standards, and it appeared the deck had about as much movement in it as a pane of glass and that the Cricket Web batsmen would finally score some runs. It was not to be.

The Cricket Webbers were bowled out for 78 off just 22 overs. Pakistan dominated the top order once again.

The Pakistani's didn't do much better in their second innings, though, being rolled by Kev Goughy, who took 7 for 48, for 79. Kev Goughy took 11 for the match, his second ten wicket bag.

Cricket Web needing just 167 to win managed to get over the line with 6 wickets in hand. Old-hat players Scott and Pitt took the victory away from Pakistan with an unbeaten 72 run stand. Scott was unlucky not to get a 50, which would have been the first Cricket Web 50 of the series and just the second overall. Which shows how one sided the series has been, with low scores and plenty of wickets.

Man of the Match: Kev Goughy [ 11 for 73 ]

Cricket Web 3 : 0 Pakistan

Cricket Web now take their tour to India, where they hope that the Indian's show more class with the bat and hopefully less electrifying pace to boot.

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice way to finish off the series, a very good chase on a tough pitch for batting. Kev continues his great form, Andy a bit unlucky to be hit by the dreaded injury sim. But the real positive was the fact that Matt and Nick both scored some important runs and put some pressure on the other batsmen. Manju took some important wickets and put his hand up for selection during the next series.

Hopefully the pitches in Indian are bit more batter friendly and the batsmen can show their quality. But if their not, them im confident that the bowlers will get the job done.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great series win.

Loving my form at the moment. About 25 wickets in 3 games. :blink:

The move to Black has really kickstarted my career :D

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goughy is such a ****ing gun.

Sorry for my inactivity as well, was away for a week and have had a bit of work.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
wow a clean sweep nice work guys Goughy ya gun stop taking all the wickets :p though i am happy to take my first u19 Test wicket