• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s Tour of Asia

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cricket Web U/19 XI

Players Rotated Out

Nick Scott and Nick Hancock have been rotated out of the starting eleven for the U/19 Cricket Web team for Nitin Dravid and Andy Cameron in the encounter versus the Sri Lankan U/19 team.

Cricket Web U/19 XI

T Mamesh (c)
S Jasotharan
M Luff
M Pitt
S Burke (+)
N Dravid
C Dwyer
P Gundry
A Cameron
K Goughy
R Dunn

M Currie (12th man)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Sri Lanka U/19 XI

Sri Lanka Announce 1st Team

Sri Lanka U/19 XI

FDM Karunaratne
RSSS de Zoysa (+)
SC Serasinghe
SH Fernando
PDMA Cooray
AD Mathews (c)
HPG Perera
KPSP Karunanayake
PM Pushpakumara
NLTC Perera
DRF Weerasinghe

ARS Silva (12th man)

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Oh yes. Good to see the selection of Rodgie is non-existent. Pleased to get in the side again, but surprised to see my name as high as 8. I'll be looking at it as a chance to perform with the willow.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cricket Web U/19 XI vs Sri Lanka U/19 XI, game two at Khulna

Sri Lanka Dominate Cricket Web

After winning the toss and getting off to a flier, the Cricket Web U/19 team were bowled out cheaply for 203 in the 39th over by a disciplined, and quite talented, spin attack from Sri Lanka.

With Shan Jasotharan, Thamba Mamesh and then Matt Luff tearing the opening bowlers to shreds the Cricket Web team seemed destined for a massive total, before a batting collapse invoked by two great spells of spin bowling. Thamba Mamesh was bowled by a ball that turned sharply one short of another U/19 one day 50.

In response the Sri Lanka's conservatively chased the total down with 5 wickets to spare in the 47th over. Once again the spin combination of Gundry and Dwyer led the way for the Cricket Web team, but their efforts were not enough to take victory away from the Sri Lankans.

Dimuth Karunaratne was the pick of the batsmen for the Sri Lankans, combining with the wicket keeper Sameera de Zoysa for a 100 run opening partnership. The Sri Lankans never looked back after a good start.

Sri Lanka face hosts Bangladesh on the 7th in Khulna.

Man of the Match : SC Serasinghe [4 for 42 (10 overs) & 10 (12)]

Attachments

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
tbh i didnt think that i deserved another game but hey what and i complaning about those figures are respcetable

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed for the team, hopefully we can put ourselves back on track and get ready for the next game.

Bobisback

International Regular
Bad to loss in that one, but im happy to get a couple of wickets. Would love a few more runs though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing result for the team and poor performance by myself, especially after my last game.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Cricket Web U/19 XI

Rotation Policy Continues

Nick Scott and Nick Hancock have been recalled to the team, resting Ryan Dunn and Nitin Dravid, whilst Zac Ritchie has been given 12th duties.

Cricket Web U/19 XI

S Jasotharan
T Mamesh (c)
M Luff
M Pitt
S Burke (+)
N Scott
C Dwyer
N Hancock
P Gundry
A Cameron
K Goughy

Z Ritchie (12th man)

Bangladesh have announced an unchanged team for the encounter.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Bangladesh XI vs Cricket Web XI, game three at Khulna

Slow Batting Hurts Cricket Web

The Cricket Web U/19 team struggled to make runs on a spinners pitch and it cost them.
Captain Thamba Mamesh won the toss and elected to have a bat, which at the time seemed like the right thing to do. He was ruing his decision soon after as he struggled to make just one poultry run off 9 balls. His opening partner, Shan Jasotharan, also struggled, eventually losing his wicket for 23 off 42 balls from a rising delivery from first change bowler Kamrul Islam.
The Cricket Webbers struggled for the rest of the innings, with Luff, Pitt, Burke and Scott all getting decent starts. Burke was the only batsmen to pass fifty with a well paced innings.

In the end the CW team could only post 205 from their 50 overs, with a glimpse of a victory off the back of their spin combination of Gundry and Dwyer.

The Bangladeshi's got off to a great start, though, posting a 100 run opening stand (similar to the Sri Lankans against Cricket Web earlier in the competition). From here the win was inevitable.
Good bowling from Cameron and Dwyer ******** the victory, but the Bangladeshi's slowly amasssed the total in a lacklustre performace. Tamim Iqbal was the standout batsmen for Bangladesh, falling 8 short of century.

Man of the Match : Tamim Iqbal [ 92 (133) ]

Attachments