• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Trials

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sparko, one little change for the second trial for my team. Please keep all the aggression settings at default this time. Thanks, no other changes

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Motion that anyone talking about CPL should suffer a points deduction.
Motion seconded. All jokes aside, it is pretty annoying, tbh.

Anyway. Pleased with my batsmen. Less pleased with my bowlers, Onions aside. Will be interested in seeing how the ones I'd pegged as reserves do.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Andrew Strauss 5 - batting aggression
2. Neil McKenzie 4
3. Younis Khan 5
4. Kevin Pieterson 4
5. Ijaz Ahmed (4,5) 5 batting, 4 bowling aggression
6. Ian Blackwell (5, 4) 5 batting, 4 bowling
7. Chris Read (wk) 5 batting
8. Mitchell Johnson (2, 2) 5 batting, 4 bowling
9. Sunil Joshi (6, 6) 5 batting, 5 bowling
10.Andre Adams (3, 3) 5 batting, 5 bowling
11. Morne Morkel (1, 1) 4 batting, 5 bowling

the numbers in the brackets are the bowling orders for the 1st innings and the 2nd innings.
1) declare if we reach 475 in the 1st innings.
2) Nightwatchman is Sunil Joshi, send him in upto 5 overs still left to play. use him for any of the batsmen from no.3 to 6.
3) Bat conservatively in the first 15 overs of the 1st innings (if this is possible)
4) Give Morkel and Johnson 7 overs each in the opening spell. Ahmed and blackwell shouldn't have more than 7 over spells.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Game 1

Trott
Key
Hodge
Bopara
Collingwood
Flintoff (3)
Rashid
Boucher +
Tremlett (1)
Onions (2)
Panesar (4)

Colly the 5th bowler 1st innings, Rashid the 2nd, unless it's a raging turner, in which case Rashid does it in both

Game 2

Carberry
Key
Trott
Hodge
Collingwood
Wright (5)
Ambrose+
Kumble (4)
Tremlett (3)
Pattinson (1)
Onions (2)
Changing my team for the second game, please.

Carberry
Hodge
Key
Bopara
Rashid (6)
Wright (3)
Ambrose+
Kumble (4)
Tremlett (1)
Pattinson (2)
Panesar (5)

Don't bother with Wright in the second dig unless he takes a few in the first, or players are in dire need of a rest

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Good stuff by the B team.

Suraj probably not the best spinner in the comp, but will be useful on Brudenell tracks.

Also Broad 29-6-85-0, would rather have Ryan's figures...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Damn!!!!!

Copeland really hurt in that last innings. And Maybe it was the batting settings too and those allrounders not performing with the bat.

But happy about Cheema doing well and Vijay..
Also gayle did decently as the first choice spinner.

Now pretty clear about my starting 11 as well. 5 changes to this side.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Wouldn't read too much into Gayle... took most of his wickets against a pretty dodgy tail.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Who was keeping for my side?

Akmal?

Has taken like only 3 catches in 2 matches while Sarwan has many more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Has to be Akmal, keeper is automatically assigned. Mind you in that last match he outkept Tim Paine by a long way. Which is very bad news for Timmy...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So you can give MOTM points based on that too ?

Btw,reckon we should appoint a co - manager with Himannv .
Has not been online for 3 and a half days and hasn't completed his team either.