• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Forum

Burgey
Burgey
Not directly but I might be able to help a bit or refer you to someone mate. What's doing?
Gnske
Gnske
Bought a used car from a 2nd hand dealer and did a tradein for it. The guy didn't do a PPSR check on my tradein and after the new car has been purchased in cash + tradein and the singular bit of paperwork signed, he's called me later that night and told me to return his car and that he's not going to accept a car with finance on it (I wasn't aware it was, got encumbered by the previous owner days before i bought it).
Gnske
Gnske
I've told him the onus is on the buyer to check. He's responded by saying he's going to cancel the sale, cancel the rego on my new car and place an encumbrance on new car. Those last two stick out.
Gnske
Gnske
I had Reg'd it to myself immediately and RMS informed me can't cancel something in my name. Purchase was made in cash barring an initial deposit, and the one piece of paperwork we did has no escape clauses / fine print referring to this kind of matter.
Gnske
Gnske
As for the encumbrance threat, I have no idea as to the validity of that one.

My gut feeling is he's badgered it on his end and done himself no favours and tried to bluff me, thinking I wouldn't know any better. Just thought I'd give a shout to greater power and get some thoughts if you have any.

Ta Burgmeister!
Burgey
Burgey
Mate I wouldn't worry about it unless he takes the next step. You're sort of in the position where the only proactive thing you can really do would involve surrendering the car or paying him a ****load more dough. Why would you do that? Do you have any idea how much the encumbrance was on the old car?

Makes me warm and fuzzy thinking a second hand car dealer might be getting it in the neck lol