• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024 Ranking of Batsmen Poll

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I am agnostic on doing it so won't vote.

But I will say that if someone else wants to create a new thread, count votes etc for the next 25, including whoever wants to vote on it, they should just go do that if LL doesn't want to continue in this thread.
Surprising for someone involved in politics :ph34r:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I understand the "Yes" and "Don't care" votes but what exactly is the reasoning for No? It's not like the top 50 would change just because the list was extended.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I understand the "Yes" and "Don't care" votes but what exactly is the reasoning for No? It's not like the top 50 would change just because the list was extended.
Opinions..... Everyone's allowed to have them.

Doesn't add to the exercise, smaller elite club.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I take a "No" as meaning they are happy simply to stop at 50. Having said "No" doesn't preclude them from voting when we continue next week.

The next poll I had intended was for wicketkeepers (a Top 15 or 20 would suffice) then , perhaps, for all-rounders. I'm always open for suggestions.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I take a "No" as meaning they are happy simply to stop at 50. Having said "No" doesn't preclude them from voting when we continue next week.

The next poll I had intended was for wicketkeepers (a Top 15 or 20 would suffice) then , perhaps, for all-rounders. I'm always open for suggestions.
You can start the wicketkeepers/all-rounders voting in parallel to the 50-75 batsmen vote if you have the bandwidth to do it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
There is no obligation for anyone to vote. Obviously more voters may make rankings seem more valid, but those who wish to stop voting aren't being forced to vote on the 50-75 cohort against their will.

ataraxia

International Coach
Votes for No have zero weighting and were not invited to do so. The only effect voting No has is bumping this thread back up to the top, thus attracting more Yes voters. So therefore I think through the "good news for Trump" doctrine that those who vote No want to look cool while still actually advancing the Yes cause.