• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

tony p

First Class Debutant
The Kidderminster pitch looks to be fine.
There are usually complaints when matches go to "Outgrounds", but Durham are currently 223-2 in their second innings, Bedingham 105no, leading by 283.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The Kidderminster pitch looks to be fine.
There are usually complaints when matches go to "Outgrounds", but Durham are currently 223-2 in their second innings, Bedingham 105no, leading by 283.
Been out today so missed his innings, but further adds to question what planet have the South African selectors been on for the last 3 years.

To think they nearly let as talented of a player end up English is mental.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Five 50s in a row in FC cricket for Ollie Robinson. 4 for Durham in 4 innings to start his season. Other was for the Lions in India.

He's a very talented lad. Selfishly hope England ignore him for this summer and select Baristow.

The Brian Hardie Stance

School Boy/Girl Captain
Five 50s in a row in FC cricket for Ollie Robinson. 4 for Durham in 4 innings to start his season. Other was for the Lions in India.

He's a very talented lad. Selfishly hope England ignore him for this summer and select Baristow.
I hope so too. Can well do without that confusion if the Sussex bowler also gets selected.

Molehill

International Captain
Jayden Sealesss!!! Stump cartwheeling is rare in this day and age, but witnessing this is pleasure,

Really like what I've seen of him so far. Played on some pretty flat pitches (and 2 with the Kookaburra) and his effort levels have been superb. Hopefully, he can clean up the Gloucs tail this morning.

Much better than Robinson in this match who unsurprisingly has looked rusty.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I see Kent have Matt Parkinson as a number 8 :laugh:

Do we have a Kent fan on here, what's happened there to go up against Surrey with a genuine 11 at 8.

Compton I see came in at 6 as well so interesting to know why on that front too.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
First result of the round is in. Essex have thrashed Lancs by an innings.
Essex are looking favourites for the title at this stage, not least because their attack seems to be significantly stronger than anyone else. Surrey, otoh, are once again struggling to finish off the lower order. I think that Essex would have done the necessary by now. Ditto in Surrey's previous match when they weren't able to finish off Somerset.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Essex are looking favourites for the title at this stage, not least because their attack seems to be significantly stronger than anyone else. Surrey, otoh, are once again struggling to finish off the lower order. I think that Essex would have done the necessary by now. Ditto in Surrey's previous match when they weren't able to finish off Somerset.
Depends on the possible point deduction for Essex.

Was talk of Essex losing all the 16 they gained for the win, which if so would put them behind Surrey(when Surrey inevitably take these final 4 Kent wickets with the new ball)

They set precedent when deducting 10 points from Durham in 2022 for same offence.

Durham only picked up 12 points in that game. Took 3 weeks for the ruling on our offence, so imagine Essex will find out in the next week.