• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers vs Virat Kohli - Better Test Batsman

Better Test Batsman

• Total voters

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nah if I were Kohli, would be majorly bummed not having more silverware a decade later.
the same answer again

if he wasn’t being such a doofus as the captain he would have more silverware

even then its an incredible thing to have won a world cup

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
The WTC Final could not have come at a worse venue for India given the opposition, but they should beat New Zealand in any format in any conditions on grounds of the gulf in resources.

Sunil1z

International Regular
The WTC Final could not have come at a worse venue for India given the opposition, but they should beat New Zealand in any format in any conditions on grounds of the gulf in resources.
Would have agreed with this logic if China would have dominated any Team sport.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Obviously touched a nerve and realise this thread is about tests but Kohli has been one of the dominant T20 players over the past decade yet has no title to show for it. He was also not really that influential a contributor to India's two ODI titles at the start of his career. It doesn't detract from the quality of their batting but I just might have expected them to take their teams further than they did, that's all.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Prime Kohli was better than Prime De Villiers , I'm gonna have to go with Kohli ..Kohli's final batting average won't tell the full story of how brilliant he was in his prime the slump he has had last three years is almost unprecedented and that's sad , but the last time he hit a hundred, he had 27 test tons in 84 tests which is more than enough evidence of a world class talent . Some players just hang on for too long or get too much rope and that's what has happened to Kohli.

ma1978

International 12th Man
yeah, this is one isn't close esp when you look at the daddy hundreds. people focused too much on virat's slump. anyway, easier to discuss when his career's over.

blackdevil95

Cricket Spectator
Before judging remember one thing...

Kohli hardly faced quality spinners. Herath, Vettori, Swann, Lyon, Panesar who else ??. AB has faced Murali, Jadeja, Ashwin, Harbhajan, Herath, Ajmal, Abdur Rehman in sub continent and faced Lyon, Panesar, Vettori and Swann.

AB has faced more great fast bowlers as well.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
If I need someone who can score big runs on good batting surface vs great pace bowlers then Kohli.

If I need someone who is more known for flashy and flamboyant knocks but can deliver that on a tricky surface vs high quality pace attack, I would go ABD.

Against high quality spin bowling, it is neither men's fortress.