• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I am pleased to say we are now WR 1 in the Stumped World....... oh sorry I meant WR1 Oceanian team (whose preferred nation is Bangladesh ) Stumped team in the World! :laugh:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Congrats to Free HK for marching on in the CUP - On a spinners wicket ours were just not as tight and productive as FHK. Aside from that a plodding innings from Sampson of 60 off 124 balls restricted us to 213 whilst in contrast Law struck 94 off 105 - of course Sampson might argue that this is the product of the superior bowling line up he had to face - chicken and egg - but those (to our amateur eyes) were the big stand out variances between the two teams (without checking the fielding ball by ball!)

Well done Z-ora- x!

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC have been wheeling and dealing on the Stumped TM lately

Purchased Shan Mellonius for just 1k as some Dev filler to make us a bit more competitive in CWC6

He's now been sold for 360k, despite not really having played much or receiving any nets during it!

cnerd123

likes this
Congrats to Free HK for marching on in the CUP - On a spinners wicket ours were just not as tight and productive as FHK. Aside from that a plodding innings from Sampson of 60 off 124 balls restricted us to 213 whilst in contrast Law struck 94 off 105 - of course Sampson might argue that this is the product of the superior bowling line up he had to face - chicken and egg - but those (to our amateur eyes) were the big stand out variances between the two teams (without checking the fielding ball by ball!)

Well done Z-ora- x!
Was a good game. Home pitch factor played a big role there.

Our next game against WR #3 the Velociraptors! Also at home though, which is nice. A team with 5 current international players in it won't be easy to topple!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
And I won't even discuss the crap I scouted today for both teams...
I know the feeling , i dont dare to look when the last time was that either club pulled anything but a muscle! Basically Z-orax's Bangladeshi YP thread is just a waste paper basket twice a week for my 'new youth' Look- Click- Look - Bin !

cnerd123

likes this
FHK beat ZCC in the 150th ever FHK vs ZCC match! What makes this match unique is that FHK were captained by ZCC's own Arif Jalal! The former home-grown ZCC skipper has made the move over to FHK recently after not getting any other bids on the TM, and made his presence felt in this 2nd XI match by captaining, winning the toss, hitting 38* off 16, and then taking 4/40 in 10 overs!

After 150 games, the record between the two clubs stands as 99 wins for ZCC and 51 wins for FHK!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Meanwhile in the BD vs Zim match - Raun is on strike with 10 needed to win off the last over with only the tail to support him. Hope he doesn't take a ****ing single!

cnerd123

likes this
2 dots and a wicket. Goddamn. Superstar Raun fails to get us over the line there.

Zimbabwe the better side, we played a young inexperienced team, and frankly did well to make such a close game of it, but still disappointing to lose from needing 22 off 18. Shams needed to see out the chase, the pressure got to the rest of the lower middle order, and eventually to Raun

cnerd123

likes this
This should become Davidson's moto...
Davidson is very unlucky getting out there.
19.11Amin to Davidson132 kph
8/10​
channelattackskewedChester DROPPED a easy chance in the infield!

Put down by a 14 fielding skill Close Catcher while on 24. Seems plenty lucky to me!

cnerd123

likes this
Yea that's a winning score. Surprised to see Amin Amin with a higher BQ than Tim Chester. Extremely anti spin conditions these, worth playing a full seam attack.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yea that's a winning score. Surprised to see Amin Amin with a higher BQ than Tim Chester. Extremely anti spin conditions these, worth playing a full seam attack.
Yeah it is 100 % meant to be a pacers paradise... but it also a high scoring ground once the batsmen get in.