• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW FTP Championship II

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly happy with the run rate, a couple more wickets would be nice though.

End of over 25 (5 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(130-1) RR 5.20
H. Hill 41 (60b) , N. McCauley 72 (71b) , C. Deshapriya 3-0-21-0

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Just hoping for a close match, I don't think there's too much chance of an upset.

End of over 5 (3 runs) - Scaly Piscine CC(21-0) RR 4.20
A. Gardiner 9 (16b) , A. King 12 (14b) , J. Carew 3-0-6-0

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort for the bowlers IMO. Chasable, but not overly confident. Runs on the board are still runs on the board. Was considering dropping Deshapriya when the whether turned humid and playing a 4th seamer. Probably should have.

End of over 50 (6 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(292-2) RR 5.84
H. Hill 89 (118b) , W. Archer 58 (32b) , C. Deshapriya 10-0-78-0

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Early today, Blackcaps lost, looking every match like the side that may go down. Important win for Zero Pillars.

Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers v Blackcaps >> Scorecard
Result: Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers won by 7 wickets

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The Sandanayake nightmare continues.

5.2 6 Pickett to Sandanayake : The captain comes over and starts muttering about line and length, one of those things that goes in one ear and out the other.

5.6 6 Pickett to Sandanayake : Pickett has pitched this one up to Sandanayake who confidently drives this over mid wicket. In fact Sandanayake has really got onto this, into the stands it goes, what a six!

Don't sell him to South Africa.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 20 (1 runs) - Swamibapa CC(77-4) RR 3.85
J. Odhiambo 0 (5b) , H. Bulinya 7 (10b) , T. Gaby 5-0-15-1

More tripe from my top order:dry:

End of over 22 (9 runs) - Swamibapa CC(88-5) RR 4.00
B. Saitoti 6 (2b) , H. Bulinya 8 (14b) , J. Martin 6-0-31-2

5 down and only in the 20th over. Its like they have forgotten what partnerships are for :ranting:

Last edited:

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Not a bad start, picked up a few decent wickets. Expecting Close to get beat around a bit, he's only average/average.

End of over 23 (4 runs) - Scaly Piscine CC(102-3) RR 4.43
A. Yatawara 23 (35b) , C. Hogg 23 (40b) , A. Close 2-0-8-0

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
11.6 W Pickett to Sandanayake : In the zone outside the off stump, from a length and Sandanayake seems to be in trance and just pokes at it. Fatal edge. He slams his bat into his pads as he walks off, furious with himself. He's really marching back to the pavilion now.
K. Sandanayake c S. Weeks b. B. Pickett 34 (23b 1x4 3x6) SR:147.83

Weird innings. Oh well, back in the game now. :)

(and Jones was on aggressive and made 13 off 21... :ph34r: )

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 26 (10 runs) - Swamibapa CC(107-6) RR 4.12
H. Bulinya 23 (28b) , J. Otieno 1 (7b) , J. Martin 8-0-43-2

From 62/2 :cry: and they won't stop with the air shots

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
20.4 . Kutcher to Kularatne : [dropped] Uppishly played towards cover, McCauley dives forward, gets his hands underneath the ball, but then somehow manages to drop the ball.

Meh.

Need a spinning miracle here.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of over 44 (5 runs) - Swamibapa CC(190-8) RR 4.32
H. Bulinya 56 (66b) , B. Mugambi 36 (49b) , W. Brown 7-0-33-1

Bulinya dragging us out of jail with that 50. Hope the bowling stands up to scrutiny

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rubbish ave/ave medium pacer keeping it very tight at the death, piss off.

27 runs scored off the last 5 overs with plenty of wickets left and reasonable+ power bats along with a finisher and a reliable nearing 100 against two medium pacers who'd be lucky to go an over without the ball being lost in the car park.

Hopefully it won't cost me.

End of over 50 (4 runs) - Scaly Piscine CC(280-6) RR 5.60
B. Gibbs 3 (3b) , S. Reppion 4 (5b) , A. Close 10-0-56-2

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rubbish ave/ave medium pacer keeping it very tight at the death, piss off.

27 runs scored off the last 5 overs with plenty of wickets left and reasonable+ power bats along with a finisher and a reliable nearing 100 against two medium pacers who'd be lucky to go an over without the ball being lost in the car park.

Hopefully it won't cost me.

End of over 50 (4 runs) - Scaly Piscine CC(280-6) RR 5.60
B. Gibbs 3 (3b) , S. Reppion 4 (5b) , A. Close 10-0-56-2
I had a reasonable/ordinaary opener crawl to 8 off 15 on agressive orders so chill out

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I had a reasonable/ordinaary opener crawl to 8 off 15 on agressive orders so chill out
Yeah I know, can't believe he didn't get out for a duck. :p

Pretty even here, might have lost too many wickets.

End of over 39 (5 runs) - Jaffna Jets(213-5). 80 runs required from 11 overs. RR 5.46 RRR 7.27
B. Danthanarayana 3 (4b) , H. Ratnayake 10 (7b) , G. Kimmince 10-0-44-2

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This might be the match

40.4 W Kutcher to Ratnayake : Smart stumping! Pushed across Ratnayake, who drives lustily and misses, dragging the back foot forward and Weeks, after collecting nicely, whips off the bails just before Ratnayake could drag the foot back in.
H. Ratnayake st S. Weeks b. H. Kutcher 18 (15b 2x4 0x6) SR:120.00

69 needed off 55. Scratching my head at the 30-35 over period with no runs whatsoever against my comfortably worst bowler & a spinner.