• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Heath: bear in mind that technique is pretty important - so for example Bott is near-useless. Probably best sold to some nutter who doesn't realise this.

Mace & Smart are good, but Scanes isn't too bad either, even though his fielding isn't up to it. Note that players train quicker in the youth academy, but gain more experience from senior games.

Also note that you can get better players than those pretty cheaply on the transfer market.

pasag

RTDAS
Just wondering how my team compares to the others on CW:

Also who should I look to train, get rid, buy and who should be my starting XI?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Haha, that's the first outstanding I've seen. Jonty Rhodes without the batting. :p

Saggers Mob's first XI imo:

Reid (better than any of my batsmen)
Bakker
Stenhouse
James
Blade (b5, but needs technique now!!)
+Nagel
*McLauchlan (b4)
McIlveen
Barstow (b3)
Richardson (b2)
Smyth (b1)

That is actually a pretty decent eleven, should average around 70 in ratings imo. Note that eight of your youth players don't get training as they're 19 years old, and most of them are really useless - Sellers, Randell possibly the best talents. You're wasting Sellers with allrounder though, train him as a bowler.

pasag

RTDAS
Cheers Hak, and what type of players should I be looking to buy and train? Have $749,801 in the bank.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cheers Hak, and what type of players should I be looking to buy and train? Have $749,801 in the bank.
Lots of batsmen, I'd think. 18yo average batsmen - but make sure you get players with decent technique and endurance. Reid & Bakker are pretty good, but your batting gets downhill quickly after that - James could probably still be salvaged with some technique training. Blade will be a decent allrounder with technique training, so you shouldn't really have trouble with batting depth, maybe get a keeper who can bat (although those are rare, you much more often get a keeper who can bowl!) Maybe a couple of backup bowlers for squad rotation purposes as well, using five bowlers in all games gets your squad tired pretty quickly.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
26.6 . Newstead to George : [dropped] Uppishly played towards cover, Kutcher dives forward, gets his hands underneath the ball, but then somehow manages to drop the ball.

So much for the "safe hands" talent... :dry:

Going to have to chase 330 here. Will be legendary.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
what went around is coming around...:-O

End of over 11 (3 runs) - Swamibapa CC(38-3) RR 3.45
J. Odhiambo 1 (6b) , H. Ngwale 11 (15b) , J. Short 1-0-3-0

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

49/6 now. Goodbye Swamibapa.

Scaly made 334/6 - George the wrecker-in-chief, Whiting & Reppion kept things going against my rather poor death bowling. Need to launch into Gibbs and Hogg.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

I shouldn't be bowing out of the competition like this

End of over 19 (6 runs) - Swamibapa CC(69-6) RR 3.63
J. Otieno 13 (13b) , S. Souza 6 (18b) , J. Short 5-0-22-2

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I shouldn't be bowing out of the competition like this

End of over 19 (6 runs) - Swamibapa CC(69-6) RR 3.63
J. Otieno 13 (13b) , S. Souza 6 (18b) , J. Short 5-0-22-2
49/6 now. Goodbye Swamibapa.

Scaly made 334/6 - George the wrecker-in-chief, Whiting & Reppion kept things going against my rather poor death bowling. Need to launch into Gibbs and Hogg.
No offence intended to andruid and Swamibapa CC, but I'm wondering how on earth they beat Scaly?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No offence intended to andruid and Swamibapa CC, but I'm wondering how on earth they beat Scaly?
All part of the grand match engine conspiracy against teams named Scaly Piscine CC :ph34r:

It's starting in my game too. 26 runs off 11 balls at one point. McCauley's on 30 (23) and it's 62/1 after 10.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blah 2 pops in my seniors, 19yo to capable bowling and a 18yo to ordinary endurance. Pretty pathetic really.

After Gardiner's epic 9 off his last 19 balls during a Twenty20 when both teams scored 160odd I've a lot of guys on fitness too (which should result in more pops).

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
All part of the grand match engine conspiracy against teams named Scaly Piscine CC :ph34r:

It's starting in my game too. 26 runs off 11 balls at one point. McCauley's on 30 (23) and it's 62/1 after 10.

My plan I made for the Scaly matched worked twice as well as I expected it to,It wasn't allmatch engine casuse I pulled the same trick at least twice more to make the semis today and its only just gone pear shaped cos I did not have a check for losing the toss and being stuck in...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Your 10 and 11 saved you nicely. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost from here tbh.
Crazy sting from tail.

Meanwhile at Treacle Mine Road...

End of over 34 (8 runs) - Dynamo Morpork(206-5). 129 runs required from 16 overs. RR 6.06 RRR 8.06
J. Jones 26 (21b) , W. Newstead 31 (32b) , R. Moysey 7-0-43-1

Last recognised batsmen in. Jones has been relegated on the back of a number of poor performances, doing ok now. Still, Scaly were 217-3 at this stage.