• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Group A

Code:
	        P	W	L	Pts	NRR
[B]Swamibapa CC	5	5	0	20	0.55[/B]
Scaly Piscine	4	3	1	12	1.26
Jaffna Jets	5	3	2	12	0.47
Central Dist.	4	2	2	8	0.67
Zero Pillars	5	1	4	4	-0.24
DM's Army 	5	0	5	0	-2.32
Swanibapa 3/265(50) beat Zero Pillars 214 All Out
Jaffna Jets beat Dave Mohmmed's Army by forfiet

Pretty much means Scaly Piscine CC v Central Districts is a playoff for 2nd spot and the right to play Morpork. Swamibapa CC will play Otago in the other semi.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Signed in to see my boys had ground out a 50 run win on a flat pitch thanks to a massive ton from my Acumulator

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Odd. I get different NRRs from what Tharmi has.

(Scaly: 991 runs / 178.2 ovs - 872 runs / 198 ovs = 1.15
CD: 943 runs / 176.5 ovs - 905 runs / 190.3 ovs = 0.58)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly Piscine CC 5/267(50)

Central Districts require 268 runs off 41 overs or less to make the semi finals, a run rate of 6.53.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha yeah, massive shaft. I mean, just look at the ratings difference.

Oh wait, it's only about 4k? Really?

Wow, massive shaft. Must be hard to take that loss.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah, massive shaft. I mean, just look at the ratings difference.

Oh wait, it's only about 4k? Really?

Wow, massive shaft. Must be hard to take that loss.
I had 4 of my bowlers on defensive and they still cruised the run rate. My players on aggressive score relatively slowly. They've got stupid stuff such as a spinner bowling in the first 10 and he takes 5-0-15-1 on a flat.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Group A

Code:
	        P	W	L	Pts	NRR
[B]Swamibapa CC	5	5	0	20	0.54
Scaly Piscine	5	3	3	12	0.94[/B]
Central Dist.	5	3	2	12	0.58
Jaffna Jets	5	3	2	12	0.47
Zero Pillars	5	1	4	4	-0.24
DM'sArmy 	5	0	5	0	-2.30
Scaly Piscine through on NRR.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I had 4 of my bowlers on defensive and they still cruised the run rate. My players on aggressive score relatively slowly. They've got stupid stuff such as a spinner bowling in the first 10 and he takes 5-0-15-1 on a flat.
Cricket isn't formulaic, it ebbs and flows and produces the unexpected. Both battrick and FTP try to recreate this and I feel they don't do a bad job. I've been ****ed over in FTP twice over the last few weeks and many-a-time in BT, but I take it in stride because I reaslise that the creators are trying to recreate the realism in it.

I know you live in this formulaic world where everything is black and white and one thing is better than the other every time, but that's just not how it works. If the better team always won in BT, no-one but Pob and labrooy would be playing it. Same works for FTP imo.

Beevs reply:
wahhh wahhhh