• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CW Cup I (FTP) Fixtures

Group A Fixtures

Code:
Round 1

Jaffna Jets (865) v Scaly Piscine CC (207)
Swamibapa CC (1149) v Dave Mohammed's Army (1438)
Central Districts (167) v Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866)

Round 2

Scaly Piscine CC (207) v Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866)
Dave Mohammed's Army (1438) v Central Districts (167)
Jaffna Jets (865) v Swamibapa CC (1149)

Round 3

Swamibapa CC (1149) v Scaly Piscine CC (207)
Central Districts (167) v Jaffna Jets (865)
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866) v Dave Mohammed's Army (1438)

Round 4

Scaly Piscine CC (207) v Dave Mohammed's Army (1438)
Jaffna Jets (865) v Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866)
Swamibapa CC (1149) v Central Districts (167)

Round 5

Central Districts (167) v Scaly Piscine CC (207)
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866) v Swamibapa CC (1149)
Dave Mohammed's Army (1438) v Jaffna Jets (865)
Group B Fixtures

Code:
Round 1

caves_beachcc (989) v Blackcaps (451)
Alternative XI (1056) v Male Models (965)
Otago (964) v Dynamo Morpork (629)

Round 2

Blackcaps (451) v Dynamo Morpork (629)
Male Models (965) v Otago (964)
caves_beachcc (989) v Alternative XI (1056)

Round 3

Alternative XI (1056) v Blackcaps (451)
Otago (964) v caves_beachcc (989)
Dynamo Morpork (629) v Male Models (965)

Round 4

Blackcaps (451) v Male Models (965)
caves_beachcc (989) v Dynamo Morpork (629)
Alternative XI (1056) v Otago (964)

Round 5

Otago (964) v Blackcaps (451)
Dynamo Morpork (629) v Alternative XI (1056)
Male Models (965) v caves_beachcc (989)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CW CUP I (FTP) Round One Fixtures

Group A

Jaffna Jets (865) v Scaly Piscine CC (207)
Swamibapa CC (1149) v Dave Mohammed's Army (1438)
Central Districts (167) v Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (866)

Group B

caves_beachcc (989) v Blackcaps (451)
Alternative XI (1056) v Male Models (965)
Otago (964) v Dynamo Morpork (629)

Can all the home sides challenge team by Tuesday night. If the away side hasn't been challenged can the away side challenge them, on Wednesday. Remember all matches need to played on Thursday. Sorry about the delay in fixtures.

Matches are Senior, 50 over games.

Also teams can start challenging for Round Two as well.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Code:
		Age	End	Bat	Bowl	Tech	Power	Keep	Field
Hoare           18      Poor    Reason  Poor    Average Atro    Dread   Average
House           17      Average Average Poor    [b]Average[/b] Ord     Poor    Dread
Badcock         18      Ord     Capable Poor    Poor    Atro    Poor    Atro
Arnold          17      Poor    Reason  Atro    [b]Ord[/b]     Atro    Poor    Poor
Freemantle      18      Reason  Average Poor    Average Poor    Poor    Atro
Moylan          18      Poor    Average Ord     Average Average Ord     Average
Weeks           17      Poor    Ord     Poor    Average Average Average Poor
Pickett         17      Poor    Ord     Average Reason  Average Average Average
Holcombe        17      Dread   Ord     Ord     Ord     Dread   Poor    Dread
Carlton         16      Ord     Ord     Average Dread   Poor    Dread   Poor
Wilkes          17      Ord     Dread   Average Average Poor    Atro    Dread
Also, a seamer to dreadful endurance, another spinner to average bowling, and a 17yo batsman to average batting.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Got Newcastle Knights in the first round of cup, man they are already the best side in Australia in FTP. So going to get smashed.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Ok, so after my first aborted FTP attempt, University stress has driven me to give it another go (anything to escape...) I'm totally clueless, so not wanting to enter into the Cup yet, but can anybody give me a few pointers? I invested £10k in each of the academies as that seemed a nice round number, but that's about it. How does training work?

Name Age End Bat Bowl Tech Power Keep Field Capt Exp Fatigue Form Wage Rating
Harold French 26 poor average reasonable ordinary poor average poor ordinary poor energetic reasonable $1,894 25,261
I got this guy in my starting team who seems quite good? Should I sell him and get some cash or keep him as the mainstay of my side for now?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ok, so after my first aborted FTP attempt, University stress has driven me to give it another go (anything to escape...) I'm totally clueless, so not wanting to enter into the Cup yet, but can anybody give me a few pointers? I invested £10k in each of the academies as that seemed a nice round number, but that's about it. How does training work?
Everyone gets training, the youngest faster (along with players who are "gifted"). It's thus nice to spend 15 minutes looking over the squad and see what each player can develop in - for example, French could do with some endurance.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Everyone gets training, the youngest faster (along with players who are "gifted"). It's thus nice to spend 15 minutes looking over the squad and see what each player can develop in - for example, French could do with some endurance.
Ok, thanks for that. Had already set French to fitness training so that's a good start! Is there any indication of popping times for players of different ages yet, or is the game still too new?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ok, thanks for that. Had already set French to fitness training so that's a good start! Is there any indication of popping times for players of different ages yet, or is the game still too new?
I've never seen any. From my own experience, though, you can probably add, say, half a week per year and a further two weeks when they're promoted to the senior squad - 16-year-olds take about 10 weeks to pop.

There are too many variables to be certain though.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I've never seen any. From my own experience, though, you can probably add, say, half a week per year and a further two weeks when they're promoted to the senior squad - 16-year-olds take about 10 weeks to pop.

There are too many variables to be certain though.
Oh right. Although I guess it doesn't matter in the same way that it does in BT, because as you say, everyone gets trained. Interesting.

When should players be promoted from the youth squad?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
When should players be promoted from the youth squad?
Depends when you need them in the seniors. Personally, I think the training penalty in the senior squad is more than offset by the experience gains a regular player will get from 2 (next season 3) official games, but that's a guess. When they turn 19 at the latest, anyway, from 19 onwards they supposedly won't get training (though it seems from some people in this thread that they do.)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Right. Thanks for answering all of these - feel free to stop at any time! How important is technique in FTP? Is it comparable to secondaries in BT? And what about power?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Right. Thanks for answering all of these - feel free to stop at any time! How important is technique in FTP? Is it comparable to secondaries in BT?
Probably slightly more important than secondaries, in fact. I have a capable/poor in my youth squad and he doesn't do much, gets to 30 quickly and then makes a stupid mistake.

And what about power?
Not that much impact IMO, others seem to rate it. Might up the SR 5-10 notches.

Endurance not quite as important as stamina in BT, but still fairly vital.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
playing real opposition for once and not doing to badly having won the toss on a greentop

End of over 16 (6 runs) - Lapal Grange CC(105-3) RR 6.56
Ashburner 15 (13b) , Ducker 32 (43b) , Otieno 4-0-30-1

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Batting in my first game, not doing badly

End of over 7 (10 runs) - The Heath(70-1) RR 10.00
Ransford 1 (1b) , Marvell 25 (19b) , Menegon 2-0-19-1

Edit: Stuttering a bit

End of over 12 (9 runs) - The Heath(105-4) RR 8.75
Cush 10 (7b) , King 6 (3b) , Mash 2-0-12-1

Last edited: