Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009

Cricket Web Staff Member
    Hi Mathew,

During the radio cricket coverage here in Australia last summer, Damien Fleming made mention of the Australian side decided to target you on their tour of NZ in 1999/00. How severe and personalised was it, and have you gone through anything like that in your cricket career since?

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulter View Post
    Matt

Who is New Zealand's best young up and coming bowler.

Would Trent Boult be high up on you're list
    yeh give him a bit of time he needs to be nurtured the right way with some good people around him and doing lots of bowling at quality batsman to up skill him quickly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Kensashi's Avatar
    What's your favourite form of cricket?

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Matt would like a kiwi and canberra side in the big bash.
    BYW 4 nz played for canberra comets whats the deal there,is their a connection between new zealand and canberra?
    only connection i am aware of is ashley ross who is one of the coaches out that way who used to coach the black caps and was national development officer for nz cricket

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your time.

My question is,

Daniel Vettori is a hard working bowler and captain, who do you think is a better captain? Daniel Vettori or Stephan Fleming?

Thanks a lot

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Mat,

Thank for your reply.

I'd also like to ask you about two Central batsmen - Greg Hay and Brad Patton.

Hay has an excellent record as a young batsman in all forms of the game, particularly given the typically bowler-friendly nature of New Zealand domestic cricket, but he had limited opportunities last season. Is there a feeling within the Stags camp that he has something particular to work on before he's ready for regular First Class cricket, or was it a simple matter of him being slightly down on form and confidence? There have been murmours around that he struggles in tough batting conditions and has his record slightly inflated by the flatter Napier wicket - is there any truth to this?

Patton's a really interesting one. Unless I'm much mistaken, he was more known as a medium pacer in his youth, but his batting has really come on later in his cricketing life.. as he showed last season. I'm yet to really get this confirmed though and there's precious little information available about him anywhere, so anything you could tell us about him at all would be absolutely fantastic. I'm always fascinated by the late bloomer.
    both very good players for the stags and we can see they will only get better hay was a lack of confidence/form for his season and paton really came onto the scene because of fantastic early season camp form and deservidly got his call up, and performed really well needs to work on a couple of things to progress through but had a good year and can get better

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Hey mate,

You mention Stephen Fleming before, and a lot of cricketting pundits and fans alike rate him as one of the finest captains of the modern era. In your opinion, what is it that made Fleming such a highly regarded captain even when the team didn't necessarily have the world beating record to show for it?

What do you do during rain delays in matches? I know that the Aussie team play cards. What do the kiwis do in delays?

U19 Vice-Captain
    Mathew, you have took one stumping in first class cricket. Do you know who you stumped? :P

Unregistered
    Hi Matt,

Suneer here, I am an Indian cricket writer and followed the Indian team in New Zealand earlier this year.

What I was very surprised to find was that the pitches in New Zealand were very different from what one has come to expct from them, hardly the green, swinging ones, which apparently scare most of the batsmen away, most of all, the Indians.

Is that a pre-concieved strategy to have longer test matches or was it under the pressure of the BCCI or plain bad groundsmen?

Regards,
    Suneer

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by quincywagstaff View Post
    Hi Mathew,

During the radio cricket coverage here in Australia last summer, Damien Fleming made mention of the Australian side decided to target you on their tour of NZ in 1999/00. How severe and personalised was it, and have you gone through anything like that in your cricket career since?
    i guess that all started when i did what i did scoring my debut for nz , to be honest i havent gone through anything like that before but in saying that the aussies like coming out with a lot of those comments and must admit it works for them and sometimes it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Kensashi View Post
    What's your favourite form of cricket?
    test cricket i would say my record is better in that

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Hello Matt,

Thanks for your time.

My question is,

Daniel Vettori is a hard working bowler and captain, who do you think is a better captain? Daniel Vettori or Stephan Fleming?

Thanks a lot
    hard one to answer i mean they both have very good strong points and of course both do two different skills in my personal opinion i found flem the best captain that i have played with

hard one to answer i mean they both have very good strong points and of course both do two different skills in my personal opinion i found flem the best captain that i have played with
    Thanks for the reply Matt. One more thing I would like to ask from you. Who do you think is the all time best all-rounder for the New Zealand team? New Zealand is always popular because of their high quality all-rounders.

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Hey mate,

You mention Stephen Fleming before, and a lot of cricketting pundits and fans alike rate him as one of the finest captains of the modern era. In your opinion, what is it that made Fleming such a highly regarded captain even when the team didn't necessarily have the world beating record to show for it?
    his calming influence and i believe in his team..always put others before himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Fan View Post
    What do you do during rain delays in matches? I know that the Aussie team play cards. What do the kiwis do in delays?
    play cards and talk to opposition team mates and always a good amount of banter flying around

Quote Originally Posted by James_W View Post
    Mathew, you have took one stumping in first class cricket. Do you know who you stumped? :P
    to be honest i cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Matt,

Suneer here, I am an Indian cricket writer and followed the Indian team in New Zealand earlier this year.

What I was very surprised to find was that the pitches in New Zealand were very different from what one has come to expct from them, hardly the green, swinging ones, which apparently scare most of the batsmen away, most of all, the Indians.

Is that a pre-concieved strategy to have longer test matches or was it under the pressure of the BCCI or plain bad groundsmen?

Regards,
    Suneer
    to be honest it all came down to making the indians feel at home, that as well as some very good weather which made the wickets very flat "when the sun is out its time to bat" is a quote here in nz

Matt,

1. Who do you think is the most dangerous bowler to face now?
    2. Which bowler made you feel hard to make strokes easily?
    3. Who is your favorite batsman?
    4. Who is your favorite fielder?
    5. Which is your favorite ground?

During your last chat I asked a question that you weren't able to answer as you ran out of time, I am hoping tonight will be slightly different.

My question is, when visiting foreign countries do you stray from their infidel foods (I'm talking Indian and English food here) and stick to our superior types of food like kangaroo, pig skin, the male hermaphrodite and KFC?

I look forward to your reply.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information