• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Meridio

International Regular
What NZ is missing is a grafter who can play the entire 50 overs. McCullum is being given that job but is more suited to stroke play. You need a Styris or some one else coming in who assures the team lasts 50 overs because often, you will find that that is the key problem.
Is what Elliott does.

Our problem, as mentioned many times, is that our top order is stacked with inconsistent hitters, and for the sake of balance we really need one of them to drop down the order.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What NZ is missing is a grafter who can play the entire 50 overs. McCullum is being given that job but is more suited to stroke play. You need a Styris or some one else coming in who assures the team lasts 50 overs because often, you will find that that is the key problem.
Agree completely. All I ask for is one grafter in the top 4 to provide balance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha Franklin in that innings has scored more than any that Oram has this year and one less than Broom's best.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Loving this score. Awesome!

Obviously need to get Dilshan early, and can't count out Jayasuriya even if he's out of form. Would be just like him to smash a 100 at a time like this.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree completely. All I ask for is one grafter in the top 4 to provide balance.
Hmm. I'd say you want at least two or three players in the side who aren't necessarily grafters, but who have the ability to play that role when necessary. Guptill did a great job of it today, tbh.

Meridio

International Regular
Right, bedtime now, and I will not be impressed if I wake up tomorrow and find we conspired to lose this from here.