• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies squad for ICC Champions Trophy

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Floyd Reifer (Captain), Darren Sammy (Vice Captain), David Bernard, Tino Best, Royston Crandon, Travis Dowlin, Andre Fletcher, Nikita Miller, Daren Powell, Kieran Powell, Dale Richards, Kemar Roach, Devon Smith, Gavin Tonge, Chadwick Walton.

Needless to say it's absolutely appalling. The players in bold are particularly rubbish IMHO. Imagine all Kemar Roach has for fast bowling support is Tino 'mind the windows' Best and Darren 'headless' Powell.

West Indies fans still interested in the performance of this team (which is not many lets face it) can only hope for individuals to make their mark and give us a few positives as there are too many poor players in this squad to enable us to be competitive. The only way West Indies cricket will gain anything from this is if a few of the replacements prove to be up to the mark, like Roach, Bernard and Dowlin were against Bangladesh. They can then merge with our proper cricketers and we will be back on track..............

And then I woke up......................

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Reifer. :laugh:

It will be an achievement of some measure just competing, let alone nicking s win.

Shame the ICC didn't throw them out and get the Bangla Boys in instead. Or at least threatened them into picking a full squad. Commercially having a weakened Windies isn't good for the ICC. At least with Bangladesh, you get a greater viewing audience.

Beamer

Ah but that would require common sense, something we all know cricket administrators don't have.....

The ICC just sits back while the WICB shoots itself in the foot over and over.

Beamer

I thought the WI players ended the strike? if so why they weren't picked?
The WICB is playing hard ball and sticking with the replacement players that lost to Bangladesh.

The senior players have been told to play our regional one day tournament in October and also to 'show their commitment to West indies cricket' to be eligible for selection. Happy days.........

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aside from losing every game, hopefully a few guys like Roach, Fletcher, Sammy and possibly Bernard and Dowlin can get themselves on the Australian tour.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fletcher should tour for the ODI/20/20's. Windies need to forget about Ramdin keeping in that format and loitering the lower order. Fletcher is still a mere slogger but if him and Gayle come off, it will be game, set and nearly match.

Dowlin can't be dropped if he contributes, same goes for Sammy and Bernard. Good opportunity for the players, especially as Sammy's and Bernard's competition for the non Bravo all-rounder role is Pollard.

Beamer

Fletcher should tour for the ODI/20/20's. Windies need to forget about Ramdin keeping in that format and loitering the lower order. Fletcher is still a mere slogger but if him and Gayle come off, it will be game, set and nearly match.

Dowlin can't be dropped if he contributes, same goes for Sammy and Bernard. Good opportunity for the players, especially as Sammy's and Bernard's competition for the non Bravo all-rounder role is Pollard.
Roach is the only one who I can see being World Class and having a fruitful international career.

Dowlin hasn't done anything wrong as you said so he may get to tour Australia if he has a half decent ICCCT. Sammy was very good in the tests against Bangladesh and has 3 5 wicket hauls after 7 matches so he will almost definitely tour Australia. I agree Fletcher has a chance as a ODI/2020 opener but tbh I would prefer a proper opener like Barath to be given the position with Fletcher coming in as a late over slugger

shivfan

Banned
As a die-hard WI fan who's followed the fortunes of the team for the past two and a half decades, I can safely say that this is the first series I really don't give a damn about....
:@
Any WI team that doesn't include the majority of the following players is one I won't watch:

Shiv Chanderpaul
Chris Gayle
Ronnie Sarwan
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome taylor
Fidel Edwards

Beamer

As a die-hard WI fan who's followed the fortunes of the team for the past two and a half decades, I can safely say that this is the first series I really don't give a damn about....
Any WI team that doesn't include the majority of the following players is one I won't watch:

Shiv Chanderpaul
Chris Gayle
Ronnie Sarwan
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome taylor
Fidel Edwards
Word..........

Though I plan to watch them throughout this tournament, in a detached way, looking at individual performances and who I think can play alongside the players you listed.

That way I can look forward to the tour of Australia without letting the inevitable thrashings during this tournament get me down.

shivfan

Banned
Word..........

Though I plan to watch them throughout this tournament, in a detached way, looking at individual performances and who I think can play alongside the players you listed.

That way I can look forward to the tour of Australia without letting the inevitable thrashings during this tournament get me down.
:laugh::laugh:
You make a very important point there....

Naumaan

First Class Debutant

Shiv Chanderpaul
Chris Gayle
Ronnie Sarwan
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin
Jerome taylor
Fidel Edwards
same were my feelings after 2003 cricket world cup

Beamer

Darren Powell has a groin strain and hasn't made it to the training camp in Barbados. He has apparently been replaced by the young Bajan fast bowler Kevin Mclean.

WI_Fast

Cricket Spectator
Will be interesting to see how our second string goes, they face a tough challenge against the likes of Australia, Pakistan and India.. all the best to them!