• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

pup11

International Coach
With Bracken out with an injury, it definitely effects our chances in the tourney, anyways this is the XI that now I would like to see taking on West Indies:

1.S.Watson
2.T.Paine+
3.R.Ponting*
4.C.White
5.C.Ferguson
6.M.Hussey
7.J.Hopes
8.M.Johnson
9.B.Lee
10.N.Hauritz
11.P.Siddle

Last edited:

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
With Bracken out with an injury, it definitely effects our chances in the tourney, anyways this is the XI that now I would like to see taking on West Indies:

1.S.Watson
2.T.Paine*
3.R.Ponting+
4.C.White
5.C.Ferguson
6.M.Hussey
7.J.Hopes
8.M.Johnson
9.B.Lee
10.N.Hauritz
11.P.Siddle
T-Pain as captain and Ponting keeping?
Interesting :laugh:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Pakistan were lucky yesterday lol
but a good batting performance from Umer Akmal
i wasn't happy with Afridi's captaincy
i & my father were watching the match & he said after 15 overs Afridi will make the same mistake Younis Khan did in 2006 champions trophy aginst South Africa
& Afridi did that lol
mistake was that everyone could see that westindies couldn't bat 30 overs, so what was the science behind introducing spinners???? & also he could have picked Asif yesterday for Ajmal, just for a practise match for Asif
but in the end they were lucky & were better team, but yeah against a weak Westindies Xl

ret

International Debutant
After Sehwag, it's UV, i.e. out with injury .... As we know this will hurt the composition of the side as these two are not only big hitters who can play big knocks but also decent spin options

Hopefully, others will see this as an opportunity to showcase their talent .... Guys like YP become more important now for their hitting abilities [only if they could last longer at the crease]

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Really having second thoughts about waking up at 5.30 AM and watching the game with Pakistani guys after Yuvi's injury.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
**** why did we bring Kohli. I like the guy but we seriously needed Rohit Sharma. I didn't agree with dropping him in the first place - he is a talented player who is bound to deliver in due course. Any way, India wont win the competition barring some thing exceptional from Tendulkar.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Misbah is not a waste you idiot, he just scored 73* notout in his last game against sri lanka, 2 games before that he scored 76* notout

Think and search before you speak
Looks like someone used his man-pleaser to pass the math class...........

Now for the loser who likes Misbah tea bagging in his mouth.....

Those were the only 2 fifties he scored in the last 12 games that he played in year 2009....NOT GOOD ENOUGH for ODI level!!!!

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Ind vs Pak Preview

Opening
Ind: Tendulkar and Gambhir
Pak: Nazir and Akmal
Advantage: India

3-5
Ind: Dravid, Raina and Dhoni
Pak: Malik, YK and Yousuf
Advantage: I would pick India but more or less its pretty even .... UV would have given India a definite edge and if Sehwag had been available too then Ind would have been too strong for Pak

6-8
Ind: Kohli/Karthik, YK/Nayar,and Bhajji
Pak: Umer, Afridi and Aamir
Advantage: pretty even

Bowling:
India: Nehra, Ishant, Bhajji, RP/Praveen and part-timers
Pak: Asif, Gul, Aamer, Ajmal, Afridi and Malik
Advantage: Pak

For Pak to do well, I guess, everyone will have to chip in .... For India, the big guns will have to do well. India may be better off going in with an extra bowler and/or playing this out in the old fashioned way
Would agree with pretty much everything except perhaps the 6-8 part....Umar is in good touch and if they go with Rana instead of Asif then he is another handy scorer in that area.....and eventually it will boil down to that area of 6-8 that in my eyes will decide the game.....barring any extra ordinary performance.

ret

International Debutant
Ind vs Pak Preview

Opening
Ind: Tendulkar and Gambhir
Pak: Nazir and Akmal
Advantage: India

3-5
Ind: Dravid, Raina and Dhoni
Pak: Malik, YK and Yousuf
Advantage: I would pick India but more or less its pretty even .... UV would have given India a definite edge and if Sehwag had been available too then Ind would have been too strong for Pak

6-8
Ind: Kohli/Karthik, YK/Nayar,and Bhajji
Pak: Umer, Afridi and Aamir
Advantage: pretty even

Bowling:
India: Nehra, Ishant, Bhajji, RP/Praveen/Mishra and part-timers
Pak: Asif, Gul, Aamer, Ajmal, Afridi and Malik
Advantage: Pak

For Pak to do well, I guess, everyone will have to chip in .... For India, the big guns will have to do well. India may be better off going in with an extra bowler and/or playing this out in the old fashioned way. If the big guns fire, Ind should go through to the semis

ret

International Debutant
Would agree with pretty much everything except perhaps the 6-8 part....Umar is in good touch and if they go with Rana instead of Asif then he is another handy scorer in that area.....and eventually it will boil down to that area of 6-8 that in my eyes will decide the game.....barring any extra ordinary performance.
6-8 will come in to play if there is a solid platform. If it's 100/4 then there is little they can do unless the target is not that big if chasing. If setting a target, 8/10 times they will try to play out the overs .... Ind has Tendulkar, Gambhir, Dravid and Dhoni in top 5 which is a lot of firepower for setting a decent platform more often than not!

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Its great comparing India and Pakistan in such a way, but lets get real. Pakistan's batting lineup sure is inexperienced but can explode just as much as the Indian attack if not more. Bowling is easily advantage Pakistan, Indian bowlers have been getting merked around recently like club players. Theres a bit too much zip and bite to the Pakistani bowling attack. I dont know how Asif will go though. In anycase, as is typical with India Pakistan games, the team that handles pressure will do better. India with its experience might fare better in that respect but the Pakistani team is def the more talented one with Sehwag and Yuvaraj out.

ret

International Debutant
Its great comparing India and Pakistan in such a way, but lets get real. Pakistan's batting lineup sure is inexperienced but can explode just as much as the Indian attack if not more. Bowling is easily advantage Pakistan, Indian bowlers have been getting merked around recently like club players. Theres a bit too much zip and bite to the Pakistani bowling attack. I dont know how Asif will go though. In anycase, as is typical with India Pakistan games, the team that handles pressure will do better. India with its experience might fare better in that respect but the Pakistani team is def the more talented one with Sehwag and Yuvaraj out.
Talking abt getting real, Pak batting has a higher probability of imploding too :ph34r:

For me, the team that gets itself in to 200/3 kind of situation will probably win it and Ind looks more likely to do that but it's cricket so you never know

Let's hope the game is a cracker :)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i have feelings that Younis khan will drop either Imran Nazir or Shoaib Malik & 'll replace himself :D
i think sooooooooooooooo

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
we'll have to see how Amir & Umer Akmal perform aganist india
i know Amir has played a warm up t20 aginst india but this is the first time, both new players will be playing aginst india
i wish Sehwag & Yuvraj were in indian team, cuz otherwise now if we beat them , they will say They didn't have Sehwag & Yuvraj, & if they beat us they 'll say they beat us Without Sehwag & Yuvraj LOL