• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
Hayden caught driving off the first ball that Harmison got in a good area, caught at second slip by Trescothick. Hayden neither forward, nor back, gone for 17.
well, according to this he's still in, so I'm going with that! :p

Mister Wright

luckyeddie said:
Harmison has tried to set Hayden and Gilchrist up with the short stuff - and got Hayden with the 'sucker ball'.

Richard to say 'luck' in 5....4....3....

Haha! Yeah, must be Harmison's first ever 'good' ball.

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
well, according to this he's still in, so I'm going with that! :p
I think you'll find I can post the progress of the game much quicker on this form. So, I will stop being generous now. :p

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
I think you'll find I can post the progress of the game much quicker on this form. So, I will stop being generous now. :p
Whooops, there we go. NEWSFLASH: Hayden's out, just as you said he would be! Weird......

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I often find that I can be 'watching' the same over over and over again.

Did that make sense...?

Mister Wright

Linda said:
I often find that I can be 'watching' the same over, over and over again.

Did that make sense...?

Bit of editing to help it make more sense, but I'm sure the Ginger will show us the correct editing needed.

Son Of Coco

Linda said:
I often find that I can be 'watching' the same over over and over again.

Did that make sense...?
it makes sense to me, nothing happens for quite a while and then 'bang' we're back with the action.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Hold you're horses there LE. I was agreeing with you... :@
Sorry.

To tell the truth, I think he's been a little too short overall - but the field is set for that.

Gilchrist beginning to look destructive.

Mister Wright

luckyeddie said:
Sorry.

To tell the truth, I think he's been a little too short overall - but the field is set for that.

Gilchrist beginning to look destructive.

My reference was more to Richard's assumption that Harmison doesn't get wickets off good balls, that is all.

Yes, Trescothick's drop could come back to haunt them.

Linda

Or 'bang', we've just had 12 overs in 3 seconds.

Usually that happens to me whilst in the middle of a Martyn innings...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
The English can be a little sensitive mate, best to treat them with kid gloves! :mellow:
I take back everything I said - especially when I discovered that it was Richard I ended up defending :D

Linda

Or 'bang' theres been 3 posts since I started to reply and now it doesnt make sense...

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
My reference was more to Richard's assumption that Harmison doesn't get wickets off good balls, that is all.

Yes, Trescothick's drop could come back to haunt them.
While Richard has been brought up in conversation, I think the Trescothick dropped chance will be used as just another example that Gilchrist is one of the luckiest batsmen alive - luck that, as with McGrath and Harmison, has carried them through for some time now. The fact that it went like a rocket SHOULD NOT have made it any harder to catch I'm sure his opinion will show.

Linda

Mister Wright said:
And 'bang' this thread has grown by three pages in less than 10 minutes.
Ooooh nice use of the bold for effect there Mr. W. Hehe.

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
While Richard has been brought up in conversation, I think the Trescothick dropped chance will be used as just another example that Gilchrist is one of the luckiest batsmen alive - luck that, as with McGrath and Harmison, has carried them through for some time now. The fact that it went like a rocket SHOULD NOT have made it any harder to catch I'm sure his opinion will show.
Sorry Coco, this time I'm on Richard's side, whilst usually I agree that when Gilchrist hammers it out of the middle of his bat, it really can't go down to 'luck', it is more 'lucky' if the player catches it! However, this time it didn't come off the middle, it was off the edge, and Gilly wasn't reall going after it. It was a regulation slips catch, rocket or not, and IMO should have been taken.