• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Billy Bowden

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't seen Billy as of late but it appears he's becoming more animated in his signals again. I love it how he winds up for a six.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
and a very good umpire IMO. i cannot remember watching him make a bad decision, but i dont see much cricket.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bowden maybe eccentric but he's a good umpire one of the best. i don't think Aleem Dar is particularly good (even though he has a cool surname).

Bowden's signal for the TV replay is his best one

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Aleem Dar is an excellent Umpire. Billy is funny though, IMO he is an excellent umpire too. He is an entertainer, We need more people like him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dar said:
Bowden maybe eccentric but he's a good umpire one of the best. i don't think Aleem Dar is particularly good (even though he has a cool surname).

Bowden's signal for the TV replay is his best one

The best thing about Aleem Dar for me is that he is helping to expunge my memory of Shakoor Rana.

cbuts

International Debutant
dar had an absolute mair over here in the summer. some of his decisions where disgraceful. imo bowdens the best. he dosent make many bad noes but due to his nture he does set himself up for when he does get them wrong. but i like the way he umpires, my favourite is the crocked out! finger

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Brent Bowden is a super Umpire, but neither him, Taufel nor Aleem are IMO as good as Rudi Koertzen.
And don't start going on about mistakes so-and-so has made that happens to have cost your team - yeah, yeah, yeah - Umpires make mistakes. IMO, and I've seen a lot, Rudi makes less than everyone else ATM.
And of course, no-one comes close to our Harold.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
**** of rudi koertzen is terrriable!!!
Now I know you are trolling.

By almost universal acclaim, Rudi Koertzen is on a par with Simon Taufel, with Billy not far behind.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
well im sorry last time koertzen was here, he was disgraceful
I think you will find that's EVERY international umpire now with the exception of Jeremy Lloyds (and after the snick he missed yesterday.....) who has been condemned as rubbish by one person or another, invariably because a decision or two has gone against his or her side.

Time to get over it.

shaka

International Regular
I agree the Billy is a good umpire. He gets about 90 per cent of calls right, and his signals are enjoyable and sometimes change. Im glad he went back to signalling in his unique way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
cbuts said:
well im sorry last time koertzen was here, he was disgraceful
And WHAT DID I SAY?
I thought it was something along the lines of "don't say 'so-and-so must be terrible because he had a poor game when I saw him (possibly was perceived to be helping the side your side was playing)' if you please"
Yeah, that helped. 8-) 8-)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
And WHAT DID I SAY?
I thought it was something along the lines of "don't say 'so-and-so must be terrible because he had a poor game when I saw him (possibly was perceived to be helping the side your side was playing)' if you please"
Yeah, that helped. 8-) 8-)
Don't complain about others going on and on incessantly...