• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It is a good entrance, but it's undermined by the fact that the curtain he comes out of looks absolutely cheap af lol.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like how the last few episodes of WWE television have transitioned the main WM feuds into Rock vs Cody's "mama" and Cody vs Brian Gewirtz.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Okay I was curious about the plan with Kingston, but Okada taking the title off him this soon is a pretty great way to present him as a big deal without immediately sinking the Swerve momentum.

Heboric

International Debutant
Dynamite was good IMHO

I see Ronda Rousey is spewing fire in her new book about WWE. Guess she is never going back

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
haha the Rock may be juiced to the gills and can hardly talk without panting but good God he makes a brilliant villain. This is a different kind of schlock, more B-movie than pro-wrestling, and I love it. Looks like they're also doing a segue into more unfiltered territory with the Netflix deal.

Wonder where the "Look At You Now" counter ended up after that segment :laugh:

Bahseph

State Captain
Rock has been amazing. The whole "Final Boss" vibe has totally overshadowed Roman vs Cody 2 though. I know Cody is winning but the Rock being back really devalues Roman. If he came back after he lost his belt it would he fine but now it feels like Cody has to wrestle the side kick at mania.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, somehow despite the original Rock vs Roman plans being nixed Rock has made himself the main focus of both night 1 and night 2 of WM. And it's not like it has been bad or anything, but the original Cody vs Roman storyline, which was perfectly fine, has totally gone down the ****ter.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And yeah, despite Roman seeming like a big deal for the last several years, he suddenly feels very "little brother", which is un-ideal.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah, somehow despite the original Rock vs Roman plans being nixed Rock has made himself the main focus of both night 1 and night 2 of WM. And it's not like it has been bad or anything, but the original Cody vs Roman storyline, which was perfectly fine, has totally gone down the ****ter.
Initially I think the idea was for Cody to be sidelined and the focus on Rock vs Roman but the irony is Roman has taken a back seat now because the fans legitimately like Cody. This is the best Roman that has ever existed in WWE but when was the last time WWE had a character like Cody who the fans just loved to love? Kofimania? That was short. It's probably Bryan for his run to WM30 and after until he retired.

Bahseph

State Captain
And yeah, despite Roman seeming like a big deal for the last several years, he suddenly feels very "little brother", which is un-ideal.
Obviously the "little brother" jibes at Seth are supposed to deflect how Roman is coming off but Seth has always been number 2 to Roman and I think fans have just come to accept him and his role in the company. It definitely hurts the Roman character more to look weak.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The problem is Roman has reverted back to the underwhelming figure he was before the rise of the Tribal Chief. He could never really string together lines, let alone an entire promo, without looking painfully self-aware, and that's becoming evident again with the stilted, colloquial delivery which he tries to cover up by being dismissive and condescending. Heyman and the pomp surrounding The Bloodline masked that for a while, but now he's in the middle of a pack of dogs who're about to have their muzzles taken off. It's going to get tougher.