• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If the next test were to start this week, I would go with this 11 -

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Virat/Rahul
Rahul/Shreyas
Washy
Jurel (wk)
Axar
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

That wicket will be a patta one. But the 9 day gap means they may tinker further and may bring in random pacer here. Ideally, they would drop Bharat from the squad altogether and have someone like Jagadeesan come in. Also get in Sai Sudharshan as one of the backup batters.

White Ball

State 12th Man
It’s one thing to be confident. But this Bazball nonsense it’s getting a little out of hand, Anderson saying yesteday they could chase 600, it’s just become comedy at the moment. I don’t see India losing another test in this series now the 1st test was overconfidence to blow a lead like that.

HouHsiaoHsien

State Captain
If the next test were to start this week, I would go with this 11 -

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Virat/Rahul
Rahul/Shreyas
Washy
Jurel (wk)
Axar
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

That wicket will be a patta one. But the 9 day gap means they may tinker further and may bring in random pacer here. Ideally, they would drop Bharat from the squad altogether and have someone like Jagadeesan come in. Also get in Sai Sudharshan as one of the backup batters.
Patta?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I think context is important..

Mukesh Kumar bowled only 12 overs , wasn't a good selection but didn't cost India much ..

Bashir bowled 53 overs and he couldn't back up Anderson or hold up an end in general.

this is why I don’t think England will win the series. India have the better bowling attack.

Groundking

International Debutant
Just looking at the scorecard, can't really complain too much about getting within 106 runs, however when that vast majority of the team made starts and only Crawley made anything of their start makes me think that this was a bit of a missed opportunity. Well played India, for all their talk of weak batting line ups the batting is what made the difference.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Agreed. Specifically, I'd like:
- number of women Brax put away
- the amount raised for the surf club by Alf during his time in Summer Bay
- the before and after chest measurements for Leah.
Well played mate. Never watched the show but sounds like you got hooked

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The rest of this series will be proper trench warfare. England might've lost this game decisively if you just look at the scorecard, but it's weird how India still had the more nervy moments overall. The brand of cricket Eng play means they're never too far from ruining any side's lunch.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
They're actually heading to Abu Dhabi for a few days to meet up with family and presumably play golf.
Aye golf is defs on the cards. Duckett was asked by Nas/Athers what they were doing inbetween these tests.

He said he didn't know but implied/hoped it would be golf.

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Runs on the board always helps. Centuries were 2-0 or 3-0 dependent on how you look at things, decisive in a 100 run victory.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The TGC guys were calling the Indian team the blue chip company and the England team were supposed to be crypto, in investor parlance. I think that is very unfair to Bazball. I would say the Indian team are like the old TV/Studio corporations and the English side is like social media startups. Eventually, all teams will find aspects of Bazball they are comfortable with and adapt to and adopt that as their style of play.

Got more thoughts on the overall game but will share them when I am on an actual computer and not a mobile.